Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Black Powder and Primitive Weapons

Blowguns Anyone?

<< < (2/7) > >>

RipTombstone:
Ive nailed a few pigeons, blackbirds, and even a squirrel with a paint pellet. The birds I hit with a wire dart, and it wasnt a real good method. They could still fly off, so it was a lost game moment. Need a broadhead for them I think. The  squirrel was just fun, and he was antagonizing my dog. Sure made him scoot back up the tree. The pellet didnt break, but scared him for sure.
They are a lot of fun. Mine is one of the 2 piece aluminum seen at every carnival ones.
Rip

Nate:
I have a blowgun.  I bought it at the county fair when I was 17.  I have needle darts and broad head darts for it.  I never used the broad head darts much.  They got stuck in things too easy.  I used to practice in my parents basement.  They had a dart board that I shot at.  I would stand about 20 feet from the target and split darts!  I also had to pull the darts out with a pair of pliers.  The dart would go through the cork dart board, through the wood cabinet and into the wall!!  I have wanted to see how effective it is against small furry mammals.  I haven't had the chance yet.

RipTombstone:
You mention the wire darts going thru things. I once put one clear thru our aluminum screen door. Left the little plastic fletching part on the inside, and the wire went clear thru, and stuck deep in the porch rail.
They said I was really windy.
Rip

Nate:

--- Quote from: RipTombstone on December 19, 2008, 01:22:54 PM ---You mention the wire darts going thru things. I once put one clear thru our aluminum screen door. Left the little plastic fletching part on the inside, and the wire went clear thru, and stuck deep in the porch rail.
They said I was really windy.
Rip

--- End quote ---
  That's pretty amazing! 

Blowguns don't seem too hard to aim.  They are a lot like aiming a shotgun except I aim with BOTH eyes open.  I haven't practiced in years.  I might want to see how well I do when I go home for Christmas.  All of my "weapons" are at home as my current place of residence does not allow weapons.

RipTombstone:
Yeah, now that I think about it, I aim my blowgun with both eyes open. I do that with my guns as well.

I had lots of practice with spit wads in school too. I was teaching my wife to use it for awhile, but it got put aside. I dig it out once in awhile and play a game of darts with her. Thats good practice, too , btw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version