Farm, Garden and The Land > Live Stock, Critters and Aquaculture

Aquaponics

<< < (2/3) > >>

Synaptoman:

--- Quote ---If there was just some way to recycle your waste into the stream, you'd have a complete circle of life
--- End quote ---

Mmmm, that may not be that far off.  We have integrated chickens into our Aquaponic systems and the chicken poop sure makes great Tilapia food.

Read all about it here;

http://synaptoman.wordpress.com/2008/08/02/aquaponics-101-chicken-sht-and-swimming-pools/

Cheers

Synaptoman

Brian Gallimore:
I can't believe I've never heard of aquaponics before now.  This stuff is amazing!  I have that feeling... of yet another hobby/obsession coming on.  Must resist...

Ultio1:

--- Quote from: kb5won on January 13, 2009, 08:26:10 AM ---I can't believe I've never heard of aquaponics before now.  This stuff is amazing!  I have that feeling... of yet another hobby/obsession coming on.  Must resist...

--- End quote ---

Good luck with the resistance. I read a couple posts, checked out a few websites and I cant stop daydreaming about it. I have always liked and kept aquariums except when I was in the military so I instantly was attracted to aquaponics and yeah its definitely already in the hobsession category. I see a 10 inch piece of pvc and I immediately think I might be able to use that in my aquaponics construction process. Its addresses several issues for the survivalist: Water storage, meat (fish and now chicken), and gardening. This is the kind of stuff that people should be getting huge tax breaks for doing. I am into this as soon as I can get some accommodations up My tank will have to be above ground and inside because of heat so its the green house first then the aquaponic setup. I have 30 experience keeping fish in aquariums of all sizes and shapes So I think I can handle the fish end and Ill just keep trying the gardening until I get it right. I am so tempted to just go to the bank a get nice fat loan and have it all right now but I will wait....

meancoyote, Synaptoman ...
You guys are all over it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing.

forfreedom:
meancoyote,

Some of us engineering challenged and plain impatient, will pay $15 or so for a detailed manual. I will anyway.

meancoyote:
http://www.aces.edu/dept/fisheries/education/documents/barrel-ponics.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version