Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Medical Needs and First Aid

Honey for wound care

<< < (10/11) > >>

hardpoint9:

--- Quote from: Archer on May 02, 2013, 10:21:44 PM ---Honey is the only known dietary reservoir of C. botulinum spores linked to infant botulism. For this reason honey should not be fed to infants less than one year of age.[13] Other cases of infant botulism are thought to be caused by acquiring the spores from the natural environment. Clostridium botulinum is a ubiquitous soil-dwelling bacterium. Many infant botulism patients have been demonstrated to live near a construction site or an area of soil disturbance.[citation needed]

--- End quote ---
Thanks Archer!

archer:
no problem. so more or less honey gets a bad rap because the spore lives in the dirt... and there is more dirt than honey... it's just easier to slap a label on honey than dirt..

Cylon:
I'm using medical honey in the clinic at work and have had some very surprising (unexpectedly good) results from it, when compared with the traditional magnoplasm.

archer:

--- Quote from: -Cylon- on May 14, 2013, 07:01:28 AM ---I'm using medical honey in the clinic at work and have had some very surprising (unexpectedly good) results from it, when compared with the traditional magnoplasm.

--- End quote ---
what brand/name?

Scotty2Hotty:
I am also interested in what type/bread of medical honey that is being used. I have been using warm honey and a touch of whiskey to treat a sore throat for ages. My daughter has started somewhat willingly taking honey when she starts feeling scruffy, she is three so taking any sort of medicine so a battle for the ages. Honey seems to be the answer so any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version