Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Podcast Transcripts

EPISODE-726- ALTERNATIVE ENERGY PRODUCTION Q&A SESSION WITH STEVEN HARRIS

<< < (3/7) > >>

Hootie:
<28:04>

Jack Spirko: If you are making your own, you shouldn't be dumping 190 proof straight in to the tank. You should be cutting with gas.

Steven Harris: You should be cutting it with gas. If you want to do 100% conversion and run on complete 190% proof you can get some kits that are on the internet. Basically what they do is, they hold the injectors open for a little bit longer, because alcohol fuel is not as dense as gasoline so more if it has to spray into the cylinder. The little computer box that control, that hold the fuel injector open for a little bit longer. That will give you a 100% conversion to run off of fuel alcohol. Sometimes if your still isn't quite perfect you might have to distill it 2 or 3 times to get 190 proof alcohol for fuel but it is not hard to make a still. I have a complete set of books  on the subject. It is actually at IMakeMyGas.com, but I will put up detailed links to it at Solar1234.com. It is the bible, the book is so think if could stop a bullet. The bible on making alcohol is called "Alcohol Can Be a Gas" by David Blume. I have it on my website and I have it on IMakeMyGas.com. I also have something called "The Free Fuel Companion" Volume 1 and Volume 2. Volume 1 show you how to distill alcohol with 2 plastic pales and a fish heater, for Walmart. How is that for simple?

<29:34>

Hootie:
<29:34>

Jack Spirko: That is pretty awesome. Folks, some of you guys that are out there that are home brewers that make your own beer. The beginning where we are talking about starch conversion verses just using something like waste cola syrup. Full mash brewing verses malt extra brewing. It is as simple way to nail that down for people familiar with that. If you guys want to get a hold of the yeast that will ferment into this 22% to 24% range. Midwest Home Brew sells a distillers yeast that will do that for you. It is a very very fast acting yeast. It can be used for other things, like if you are making very strong Belgian Ales, pushing the limits of what fermentation can do. I do want to ask you this. I know it is not illegal to do distillation for fuel usage. You said you can get a permit at no cost to do that with.

Steven Harris: Right

Jack Spirko: Do you have to do something to the alcohol after it has been produced to so it would not be consumable? Or is it just basically your not going to be drinking it, it is going into your vehicle? Is there some type of additive that has to be added after it is distilled or anything like that, from a government standpoint?

<30:41>

Hootie:
<30:41>

Steven Harris: Yes. You have to add 2% gasoline.

Jack Spirko: Ok, as soon as it comes out if you are storing it you have to have at least 2% gasoline

Steven Harris: And that makes it very poisonous to drink.

Jack Spirko: <laughs> It wouldn't taste very good either.

Steven Harris: It would be very poisonous to drink ethanol with 2% gasoline

Jack Spirko: Ok, great. It also makes me think Steve. My grand father, is long gone god rest his soul, had a copper boiler and still condenser and all. It is in our attic back home, that was for a different purpose from the 1930's or actually the 1920's. Makes me want to see if my dad will send it down to me, to see if i can't cook some fuel.

Steven Harris: You can. You might have to distill it 4 to 6 times to get 190 proof out of a pot still. You have a pot still. This is a world wide presentation. People in New Zealand could be listening to this. And people in New Zealand  can legally distill alcohol for drinking purposes.

<31:46>

Hootie:
<31:46>

Jack Spirko: That is true. It is not hard everyone used to do it. We had a little thing called the whiskey rebellion in response to attacks on it. It was the frist challenge that our new president Washington had. It is not a new thing it is just a matter of realizing the wisdom of people who came before us.

Steven Harris: Making fuel alcohol and drinking alcohol is basically the same. Except to make it better for drinking you throw away what is called the heads and the tails. And you run it through a carbon filter about 10 times.

Jack Spirko: Or you can stop at the beer level.

Steven Harris: Or you can stop at the beer level, yep. It is perfectly legal in this county to make beer for your own personal consumption and wine for your own personal consumption.

Jack Spirko: We can't leave out the most wonderful invention of alcohol that mankind has ever come with, Mead.

Steven Harris: Yeah Mead. Mead is beer from honey.

<32:37>

Hootie:
<32:37>

Jack Spirko: It is a beautiful thing is what it is. Hey steve i am about to make your day. I am going to ask you a question I know that is the biggest soft ball setup in the world. You'll probably go off on it, 15min response you just run with it. Here the question, "A podcast with Steve was an all time survival podcast great. It left me with an million idea and possibilities to consider. My questions are what are the best things a home owner can do to lower the utility bills? Whats the most bang for your buck? Reducing AC in the summer and solar thermal or some other technology for heat in the winter? I am interested in low hanging fruit here. Just some simple things that get me lowering that electric bill. Of course what books contain the in-depth answers to these questions. Thanks for the great information." And the floor is yours...

Steven Harris: Ok... People, I keep on beating people over the head with this all the time. They will go off and spend thousands of dollars to spend on junk to put on to there car. Thinking they are going to say a few miles per gallon or a few dollars. And it doesn't work, it won't work. But they won't go after the low hanging fruit. Which is to reduce the cool load in your house and reduce your heating load. I can save you a $100 to $200 a month right now on your AC or on your heating bill, if you are in the south or in the north. That is $200 to $300 dollars extra right in your pocket that you can use to buy gasoline. Solar heat and solar cooling for your house actually makes your gasoline cheaper because you have more money. If that makes more sense and i think that makes prefect sense. Where to start. Summer cooling, sense we are in the summer let's start with this. I have a book call "How to really save money and energy in cooling your house." It will be a link on Solar1234.com. It is the most beautiful book with the best diagrams. You look at the diagrams, you go "I get it. I understand how my house get hot. Now I under stand how to cool it." I will tell you the main concept that is in the book, free right here on Jack Spirko. You water your roof. You literally put a sprinkler of some type on to your roof. You spray water on to the roof and it removes the heat. It does a little of this by laten effect cooling, a little bit from evaporation of the water, and the fair amount of it by just heating the water and the water running down your roof. And down into your eaves troughs and then you can run this hot water into your pool. You can heat your swimming pool with the water coming off your roof. I have a guy that does this in Florida. This is really not a swamp cooler. People say, "Oh it is a swamp cooler it won't work in florida." Yes it works in Florida, it works in Texas, it works in Montana, it works great. And the best practice is one of my great costumers, who has done this better then anyone else. He got a hydroponics controller and it turns on the water on his roof for 5 seconds of every 90 seconds. He has lowered his AC bill by $200 a month in Florida. His house stays perpetually cool, because the way the your house gets hot is that the sun hits the roof. The roof heated up. It heats up the attic. It heats up the floor of the roof, which is the top of the ceiling of your room. You just stop the heat from getting into the house in the first place. One of the things you realize real quickly, if you don't want to water your roof. You get a spray foam company to come in and spray foam the under side of your roof. Not the floor of the attic, on the ceiling of the attic. It will keep the heat out of your house. You will save tremendous amounts of money both on summer cooling and winter heating. And No, this is not going to kill your shingles. No, it is not going to expand them. No, it is not going to hurt them. It is actually going to extend the life of your shingles. One: they will be cooler because of the water running over them. Or two: they will be at a more constant temperature because the insolation behind them and not expanding and contracting.

<37:00>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version