Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage Resources

freeze dried and dehydrated food storage (no need to rotate 25 yr shelf life)

<< < (6/6)

CTsurvivalist:
Where are you guys getting prices? I was hoping they would post pricing online. Appears that you need to phone in.

NassPrep:
Regarding the OP and daily-bread: It is quite expensive, but search around online and you might find a way to get a sample for free. They send you the prices then as well. I have my free sample of chicken teriyaki in my pantry. They wanted me to eat it and then order some, but with the 25 year shelf life I have been putting it off. I might eat it then put a review on my site.

GSL68028:
rustyKnife.

Pretty sure this quote is from Hunter Thompson.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "man what a ride!" Author unknown

rustyknife:
Ah thanks....I copied it from another source.

mountainmoma:

--- Quote from: GotTheRoads on April 22, 2019, 03:01:21 AM ---Don't start flaming me for relying on an old thread. I think that's it's worth my time to share with this forum what experience I have with coolers/food storage and where to get the cheapest ones for good quality. So with the hope, someone will see this topic pop up again and see what I have to say. Since, I and my family got on many trips across the county, (as we have many relatives in many places) and we also have many picnics. I've had a bad past with quite a fair bit of coolers just dying out in the middle of a trip or being really bad at the main aspect of a cooler - cooling! But for the last few months, I'm happy with what I got. I bought myself an " igloo polar cooler." If you want a better visual of the cooler, I have a review you can check out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA4naycd84M. The cooler is very spacious. The chest can fit up to 188 cans or 120-quart of volume. Now that's a solid deal for what I got. You can check the prices and see descriptions of others coolers at https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-cheap-coolers/ Then again, I don't want to forget the topic here. We're talking about "freeze-dried and dehydrated food storage" coolers. Obviously cheap means bad, so... be prepared to replace ledges and handlers, as they break easily. Hey, at least it gets the job done and doesn't fall apart completely, right? Anyhow this post is my say on the matter. I was just hoping to share my thoughts and the things I know from experience. If you have any better ideas would like to hear them.

--- End quote ---

this is the wrong thread to talk about coolers.  It is not that it is an old thread, it is that this thread is about DRY FOOD STORAGE that means food that specifically does not need to be in a cooler.  There is a place on the forum for recomendations, it is here : http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=60215.msg759844#new    which is where you already made this exact post and review a couple days ago -- so no need to repeat. 

Welcome to the forum

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version