Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Medical Needs and First Aid

Medical Gear Suppliers

<< < (6/6)

Tactical Badger:
Have to give another recommendation for Rescue-Essentials.  I've been stocking up through them a lot lately for my EMT-B class.  Ridiculously fast shipping, nice freebies(check, and just all around good people to work with.

Special K:
For the least expensive trauma pads, 4 x 4 gauze, aluminum splints and ace wraps that I've been able to find:

100 4 x 4's for $8.29
Multi-use trauma bandage $2.05
Flex-all alumi-splint (same as a SAM but rolled and cheaper) $6.95
4" latex free elastic wraps $1.29

There is a $10.50 handling fee on all orders under $150.00 so bulk purchases/group buys are suggested.

Understand that, with just the four line items listed above, a clever individual can field dress and stabilize around 80-90% of the traumatic injuries your average somewhat trained prepper is likely to encounter and actually be able to deal with. The 4x4's and trauma bandages stop bleeding and cover wounds, the splint to stabilize fractures and serious sprains and the elastic wraps (Ace bandages) to affix the 4x4's and trauma bandages while applying pressure as needed as well as securing the splints and support light sprains.

My suggested stocking levels per kit are:
25 pkgs. 4x4's (use the remaining pads in other kits)
4 ea. trauma bandage
2 ea. aluminum splint
6 rls. 4" elastic wrap


They have great service, great gear, and a very informative newsletter.



You can get medical kits with syringes, sutures, IVs and nearly everything but pharmaceutical drugs. They always have sales,ftree shipping deals, and are very reliable. They also have everything from Challenge Coins to Bulletproof Vests. Love that site.


--- Quote from: JHoot51 on February 15, 2012, 10:49:00 AM ---Hello one of the things missing in my prep is medical? How serious of a kit should I get? sutures etc? where is a good source online or near 64083 zip?

--- End quote ---

Don't get things that you weren't trained for.
I would recommend you to take a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) class followed by a trauma class (PHTLS or ITLS)
Both classes combined together would give you very comprehensive knowledge and skill on both medical(illness) and trauma care in remote/disaster situation.

The type of kits you should get depend on many factors:
- The level and scope of your training.
- The method of storage and carrying (home/car/on person/minimalist)
- Type of emergency you are preparing for (general medical kit/trauma kit/disaster kit)
- The budge you have on medical equipment.

For suppliers, I too vouch Rescue-Essentials and Chinook, both are fast, reliable sources.


[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version