Author Topic: The George Floyd riots in Mpls  (Read 6995 times)

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?

Offline Polar Bear

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: The George Floyd riots in Mpls
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 06:24:26 AM »
When the people of a city see those that are supposed to protect them and obey the laws they have sworn to defend corrupt and abuse them instead, people will voice their anger in what way they can.

Offline Polar Bear

• Dedicated Contributor

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 07:06:39 AM »
Hurts to see this happening, the murder and riots taking place a few blocks from where I grew up and on the corner where we hung out.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/minneapolis-burning-buildings-torched-stores-looted-protests-over-george-floyd-intensify

My view: Someone commented that George shouldn't have resisted arrest, true, but I wonder if that would've made any difference.
Police departments need to clean out officers with records of brutality and unprofessional conduct.
Protestors need to learn how to publicize their reaction without rioting.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 08:02:09 AM »
 :sarcasm:  Stealing 70 inch flatscreen TVs and burning down places of business is all about securing justice for George Floyd.  ::)

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 09:07:04 AM »
Well I'm no defender of Minneapolis PD which has long been a strongarm group of thugs and I can't rationalize that "forgery" led to a death but I am a little afraid of the response as well.

We don't have any love for Minneapolis police because of the times they laughed about my wife getting mugged, mocked me for reporting a stolen bicycle, and the time an officer castigated us for 10 minutes after we had flagged him to report what looked like a homeless man having a seizure in the river. Yup, yelled at us for being out too late while likely letting someone drown while we were in tears begging for help. No love lost there.

You've got to remember what a disaster the downtown LEO situation is. Minneapolis has the sad distinction that one of its police chiefs openly said that the police had lost the good will of the community. Our former county sheriff, Rich Stanek, was tapped by Obama to pursue gun bans. To say that the downtown LEO community is off the rails is not a big stretch and it has been for some time. Now that I spend most of my time in Anoka it's like night and day. Hennepin needs to clean house.

All that said, the riots are just one more reason to never, ever go downtown.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 09:24:03 AM »
Well I'm no defender of Minneapolis PD which has long been a strongarm group of thugs and I can't rationalize that "forgery" led to a death but I am a little afraid of the response as well.

I remember you saying a while back that the MPD has a serious corruption problem.  I was wondering about your take on this.

:sarcasm:  Stealing 70 inch flatscreen TVs and burning down places of business is all about securing justice for George Floyd.  ::)

and this is why I do not support things like black lives matter.  If it was the LIVES that mattered, they would be acting more like Dr. King.  I saw a picture of his peaceful - prayerful - protests recently, and thought "I could join and support THIS."

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 11:05:44 AM »
I remember you saying a while back that the MPD has a serious corruption problem.  I was wondering about your take on this.

While the corporate media and agenda driven politicians  will hype up the racial aspect which may or may not have been a factor I see something different. Minneapolis PD somehow managed to turn a situation of a forged $10 bill which we don't know the history of (could be the victim had it passed to him innocently) into a situation where a man lost his life. Over $10. That's pathetic.

You don't see these issues out of the Twin Cities. Even St. Paul is a little better than Minneapolis. As a benchmark, Minneapolis is the only police department in the state that actively uses civil asset forfeiture.

I also don't hold a lot of hope for the civilian leadership. the mayor if Minneapolis is, much like most of his predecessors, a very lost little guy with a permanent "deer in headlights" look intent on saving the world through bike paths. He spinelessly demanded an investigation. Dude, you're the mayor. If you want changes implement them.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 12:03:54 PM »
The racial aspect is feeding special interest groups, but I see this more as a rogue killer cop situation. Jesse Jackson is coming to town, Al Sharpton will have something to say, and Minneapolis will go into full blown self-loathing over their racism. The media will open up their files and pull out all their editorials blaming racism on Trump, conservatives, Christians, Christopher Columbus, Republicans, Thomas Jefferson....

Minneapolis will be forced to remember Memorial Day as "George Floyd Day".

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 01:56:27 PM »
The racial aspect is feeding special interest groups, but I see this more as a rogue killer cop situation. Jesse Jackson is coming to town, Al Sharpton will have something to say, and Minneapolis will go into full blown self-loathing over their racism.

They are late to the party. From radio, the violent riots and fire bombing (not the peaceful protests earlier) were led by Ilhan Omar's daughter, Isra Hirsi.  Omar Ilhan called for police not to interfere tweeting "We can rebuild, but we cannot bring back lives."  Several innocent people were beaten, stabbed, and shot dead. From what his friends have said about him, i cant imagine that George Floyd would have wanted all this violence done in his name. 

Another thing, what is going on with the one police officer not being charged yet?  The video is very clear that Floyd was complying. And the four officers have already been fired.   Are they purposely delaying his charges to keep the riots going?

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 02:50:42 PM »
Sounds familiar: Mayor 'told police to STAND DOWN while Baltimore began to burn during riots' claims damning new report as calm returns to city after stringent curfew enforced by 3,000 National Guard and cops restores order despite clashes
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3060903/Calm-returns-Baltimore-Police-hail-strict-curfew-success-despite-brief-clashes-2-000-National-Guard-troops-1-000-extra-officers-arrest-10-ensure-order-restored-city.html

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 07:37:16 PM »
Ah, now it is making more sense why they tried to cover this up and not charge the cop.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/05/amy-klobuchar-vp-chances-take-a-big-hit/amp/
Kiss Amy Klobuchar’s VP chances goodbye after revelation she once failed to prosecute cop involved in George Floyd killing

During her time as Hennepin County attorney, Klobuchar failed to prosecute Derick Chauvin, the cop at the center of George Floyd’s death. Chauvin, the officer who kneeled on Floyd’s neck, had multiple complaints of excessive use of force. Complaints that received no reprimand under Klobuchar’s watch.
Klobuchar did not prosecute Chauvin and other officers involved for the first death, which occurred in Oct. 2006 while she was running for Senate. The case was under investigation when Klobuchar took office in the Senate in Jan. 2007, and later went to a grand jury, which declined to charge the officers. Chauvin was later placed on leave when he and other officers shot and wounded a Native American man in 2011.As The Washington Post noted in March, Klobuchar “declined to bring charges in more than two dozen cases in which people were killed in encounters with police” as Hennepin County attorney. Instead, she “aggressively prosecuted smaller offenses” that “have been criticized for their disproportionate effect on poor and minority communities,” the Post continues. And as Klobuchar undergoes vetting to become a possible vice presidential candidate, that track record is being scrutinized and criticized once again.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 08:30:06 PM »
https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/armed-civilians-save-local-businesses-during-minneapolis-riots/amp/
Armed Civilians Save Local Businesses During Minneapolis Riots

A group of armed civilians successfully defended a pair of stores as riots tore through Minneapolis on Wednesday.

Protests about the police killing of George Floyd have escalated into riots that have torched many businesses in downtown Minneapolis. Four men, two white and two black, stood guard outside GM Tobacco and Sally Beauty Supply as rioters looted a Target store across the street and set other nearby businesses on fire.

"These guys are out here with machetes and shattered windows trying to keep looters out of their business because cops can't get in here," one of the armed men told Max Nesterak of the Minnesota Reformer. "So, I figure, before there were cops there were just Americans. So, here we are."

The two men who spoke with Nesterak said they had initially ventured into the area to support the protests over the killing of Floyd, a black man, by Derek Chauvin, a white police officer. Chauvin and three other officers involved in the incident were fired by the police department but have not been arrested or charged over it. The group of armed men became concerned for local businesses once looting broke out. When they stopped to try and buy cigarettes, they found the owners were trying to ward off looters without any assistance from the police.

"They said they're closed and they're defending their businesses," the first man said. "We heard that and were like, ‘Well, we better kit up and go see if these guys need help.'"

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 08:50:33 PM »
From March of this year: History - And Psychology - Predict Riots And Protests Amid Coronavirus Pandemic Lockdowns
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolefisher/2020/03/21/historyand-psychologypredict-riots-and-protests-amid-pandemic-lockdowns/#3721c3e14a64

Covid quarantines, lockdowns have resulted in riots throughout the world.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2020, 05:38:16 AM »
On radio they are reporting Floyd and police officer Chauvin worked together at a nightclub for 16 years.  Floyd was one of the head bouncers and Chauvin was off duty security.  So it is looking more and more like this was personally motivated.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 06:50:44 AM »
CNN Crew Arrested While Covering Minneapolis Riots
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cnn-crew-arrested-while-covering-minneapolis-riots
The same police department that hired the officer who cruelly and arbitrarily murdered George Floyd has responded to the intensifying media coverage of the riots that are now beginning to spread across the US with what some might describe as 'Stalinist' tactics.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »
Finally!  Not sure how this isn't second-degree.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/29/george-floyd-minneapolis-protests-live-updates/
Derek Chauvin charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter in death of George Floyd

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 09:31:34 PM »
So, I just saw a video clip of some jerk just bashing on the drivers side window of a car on the freeway, they went and stopped all the cars on the freeway, and this poor woman inside, the driver seat, screaming her head off for help, thank God for how strong they make windows .... so he left, but... at which point does the person in the car have justifiable reason to shoot the person attacking ?  Hypothetically, of course ( I mean, that was San Jose)  but, a good time to be transporting your locked handgun everytime you drive  -- even better to stay home, stay away from crowds

It is not "protesting" to be doing such things

https://twitter.com/selfdeclaredref/status/1266514285989171200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1266514285989171200&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Fpolitical%2Fviolent-demonstrators-attack-cnn-headquarters-atlanta-during-second-night-nationwide
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:00:25 PM by mountainmoma »

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 10:07:15 PM »
Liberal commentators have a common theme about this event which goes like this: we don't condone the violent rioting, but it is understandable (it's okay).
Violent rioting is not an appropriate response when there is a constitutional alternative.
Street anger is not capable of impartial judgment.
The torment of injustice is not appeased by revenge, but by justice.

It appears that this event is red meat to a blood thirsty media that is starving for revenue and to hell with anything that doesn't contribute to that end. Our local news has wisely ignored the event.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2020, 06:26:56 AM »
but... at which point does the person in the car have justifiable reason to shoot the person attacking ?  Hypothetically, of course ( I mean, that was San Jose)  but, a good time to be transporting your locked handgun everytime you drive  -- even better to stay home, stay away from crowds

Generally, when you reasonably believe that not doing so would lead to death or great physical harm.  How that is verified varies from state to state.  Some like my state have strong castle and stand your ground laws so in circumstance of someone attacking you in your car or home it isn't over scrutinized.  Other states have laws which state you must try to retreat or flee first.  In these states some prosecutors will try to charge you even in clear cases of self defense.

Either case you must be prepared to deal with aftermath.  Having self defense insurance is a great deal.  USCCA is awesome. Not only will their insurance cover the legal cost, they will stand by you each step of the way.  And their training materials are top notch.  For those out West, taking the 2 or 4 day course at Front Sight Nevada is great.  They have classroom sessions which go into good detail about what to do in these situations.  Many of the instructors live in California so deal with circumstances there.  PM me if you would like details. 

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2020, 07:01:40 AM »
  For those out West, taking the 2 or 4 day course at Front Sight Nevada is great.  They have classroom sessions which go into good detail about what to do in these situations.  Many of the instructors live in California so deal with circumstances there.  PM me if you would like details.

this.  We went a few years ago, and I wanted to take the family this fall.  But this fall is iffy  ::)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2020, 07:39:36 AM »
Finally, a politician outside the Libertarian Party speaks out against violence.  Burning down cities and beating/stabbing/shooting innocent defenseless people is not legitimate protest. Kudos to the mayor of Atlanta for speaking up.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/29/politics/atlanta-protests-keisha-lance-bottoms/index.html
Atlanta mayor to vandalizing protesters: 'This is not a protest ... this is chaos'

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms on Friday evening denounced vandalism in her city as "chaos" after demonstrations over the death of George Floyd while in in the custody of Minneapolis police turned violent.

"What I see happening on the streets of Atlanta is not Atlanta. This is not a protest. This is not in the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr. This is chaos," an impassioned Lance Bottoms said at a news conference.

"A protest has purpose. When Dr. King was assassinated, we didn't do this to our city," she said. "If you want change in America, go and register to vote. ... That is the change we need in this country."

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2020, 07:53:42 AM »
Up until a year ago these two guys worked for the same business as bouncer and the other on security. The black man was engaged to a white woman. Was this a love triangle that ends in nearly destroying a city and upsets a nation?

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2020, 08:03:40 AM »
While city burns, Minneapolis mayor erges rioters to wear masks because of Covid-19 and starts a mask distribution program.  Where does Minnesota find these insane politicians?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/minneapolis-mayor-urges-protesters-to-wear-masks-and-practice-social-distancing
Minneapolis mayor urges protesters to wear masks and practice social distancing

“The City has made hundreds of masks available to protesters this week.”

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »
Up until a year ago these two guys worked for the same business as bouncer and the other on security. The black man was engaged to a white woman. Was this a love triangle that ends in nearly destroying a city and upsets a nation?

Very well could be.  His spouse is moving to dissolve their marriage.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/us/live-news/george-floyd-protest-updates-05-28-20/index.html
Accused officer’s wife files for dissolution of marriage, lawyer says

An attorney for Kellie Chauvin, the wife of ex-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, has filed for a dissolution of marriage, according to a statement from the Sekula Family Law office.
“This evening, I spoke with Kellie Chauvin and her family. She is devastated by Mr. Floyd’s death and her utmost sympathy lies with his family, with his loved ones and with everyone who is grieving this tragedy. She has filed for dissolution of her marriage to Derek Chauvin,” the statement said.
“While Ms. Chauvin has no children from her current marriage, she respectfully requests that her children, her elder parents, and her extended family be given safety and privacy during this difficult time.”

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2020, 09:50:18 AM »
It appears that the riots have evolved into something more sinister.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/america-descends-chaos-nationwide-unrest-erupts

Pharmacies are being targeted which will become a big problem for those in need of prescription or over the counter medications.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2020, 12:35:55 PM »
Officer Derek Chauvin's wife, Kellie Chauvin, who filed for divorce, is the sister of Tou Thao, the other officer in the event who was also fired. She is Laotian and was Mrs. Minnesota 2019.
https://socialstarswiki.com/kellie-chauvin/

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2020, 01:31:54 PM »
Minnesota To Deploy Record Guard Force To Contain Unrest Over Death Of George Floyd
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/30/866094145/minnesota-to-deploy-record-guard-force-to-contain-unrest-over-death-of-george-fl?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&fbclid=IwAR3XPe4Z617ddF1J0wEdBEjvl7xgw-1qONrfEuvtMce8OEKUkb5RaVtDYzQ
Officials expected to deploy some 2,500 soldiers and airmen by midday Saturday and will soon mobilize the state's full National Guard force of more than 13,000 — "an action that has never been taken in 164-year history of the Minnesota National Guard," according to Gov. Tim Walz, who spoke at a joint news conference with Jensen.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »

It sounds like there are crazy violent protests breaking out in cities everywhere possibly with Antifa

I am not sure they are practicing social distancing while rioting either

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »
Rapper Killer Mike nails it: https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1266561792806916096?s=19

Comedian Terrence Williams is speaking out too. So sad to see this happening to innocent people.  ANTIFA came in and destroyed all their food sources: https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1266821679642079237?s=09