Archived Boards (Read-Only) > 13Skills.com

found some Technical Difficulties

<< < (2/4) > >>

FromScratchWoman:

--- Quote from: ModernSurvival on December 01, 2012, 07:26:59 PM ---We changed it so it will throw an error.  What you did won't work, if you click the TSP forum on your 13skills profile you will get an error, you need to change it to your number, that is all about how SMF works. 

Where you edit your forum ID on 13skills you will see a link that says how do I find this, if you click it you will see the following,

Note: This assumes you have an account on the TSP Forum located at http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/. If you do and want to link to it, you need your forum id number. To get this go look at any post you have made and click on your username to bring up your public profile, you will see something that looks like this, http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1 in which case your TSP Forum Number would be 1, and you would enter that value here. Remember you can always add this later if you don’t wish to do it right now.

A lot of people were putting in usernames so we set it up to show an error hoping that people would use the help file link we provided.

--- End quote ---
okay got it fixed for me, but here is my .02 worth it asks for user ID so simple folk like me ;D assume that my user ID must be my " insert user name here" so maybe it would lift the fog a touch if it says something like user ID # and when people are baffled how to find it they can click on the very helpful link instead of facing a terrible thought that they don't exist on the TSP forum ;D

Hootie:

--- Quote from: Archer on December 01, 2012, 06:42:41 PM ---use your ID #. Hootie, yours is: 8090

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jack and Archer,
It worked perfectly.

flippydidit:
I noticed that a lot of people haven't put their picture up on the 13skills.com site.  Maybe need to add a reminder to those who have made their profiles and to those who are creating it?

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: FromScratchWoman on December 01, 2012, 10:40:20 PM --- okay got it fixed for me, but here is my .02 worth it asks for user ID so simple folk like me ;D assume that my user ID must be my " insert user name here" so maybe it would lift the fog a touch if it says something like user ID # and when people are baffled how to find it they can click on the very helpful link instead of facing a terrible thought that they don't exist on the TSP forum ;D

--- End quote ---
There is a link there that shows how to get the user ID number. 

FromScratchWoman:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on December 02, 2012, 06:45:07 AM ---There is a link there that shows how to get the user ID number.

--- End quote ---
yes i know but it does not ask for your user ID number it asks for your user ID..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version