Author Topic: Virginia Roll Call  (Read 8158 times)

Offline Kayzonara

• Senior Survivalist
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me being cheerful
Re: Virginia Roll Call
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2012, 04:25:40 PM »
checking in from fairfax va. first post. any of you northern virginia folks wanna meet and greet sometime?

We should.  Some time when the power comes back on.  ;D

Offline bbobwat33

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2012, 03:41:36 PM »
We should.  Some time when the power comes back on.  ;D
i'm just of Mason and we never lost power but it's off all around us. hope it comes back on soon for ya..

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »
Where were you folks when I lived in Burke?  ;D

Offline bbobwat33

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
Where were you folks when I lived in Burke?  ;D
i'm currently looking for property to the south.. stafford/fredericksburg area... it's hard going though.. hard to find 3 acres and a house priced right even down there.

Offline wlfhwk1

• Prepper
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »
Anybody in the South Central part of VA? Danville, Lynchburg, South Boston, Martinsville?

Offline Bennington1776

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do you have a plan?
    • Preparedness Consulting Group, LLC
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
Ararat, VA - Patrick County near the Carroll County Line.

Offline wlfhwk1

• Prepper
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2012, 11:04:22 AM »
bennington, you going to Hickory, NC expo?

Offline Virginian

• Survivor
  • The Virginian
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:38 AM »
Hey folks

Any one located in the central Virginia area of Orange, Madison, Green county's ?

Offline Burton

• Survivalist Mentor
  • NOVA Prepper
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2012, 08:04:57 AM »
I'm from northern Va, Woddbridge.

Offline Bennington1776

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do you have a plan?
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2012, 05:17:59 AM »
Going to be in Ararat this weekend working on the homestead.  We will be having breakfast at the Hungry Farmer on 52 after church Sunday.

Offline WTFOver

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2012, 06:45:32 PM »
YUUP!!!

Central VA - Madison Co. originally from Augusta Co. 

Hey folks

Any one located in the central Virginia area of Orange, Madison, Green county's ?

Offline Virginian

• Survivor
  • The Virginian
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
YUUP!!!

Central VA - Madison Co. originally from Augusta Co.

Welcome to the forum,
I'm in Orange,  I'll be out in Madison Sunday for the gun show

Offline francis

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »
Hi all,

I live in Northern VA, work in Maryland. Been prepping this past year and its overwhelming how much there is to learn. I'm hoping to learn from other TSP listeners, maybe even from the same area, as I personally don't know a single other prepper, especially among my peers/age group. I'm 23 a few years out of college trying to take a realistic approach to all this.

Offline Virginian

• Survivor
  • The Virginian
« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »

Francis,

Welcome to the forum.

Check out the intro thread search Virgina I know there are a number of members up in nova

Offline Gator6

• Prepper
  • TSP Forum member
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
From Arkansas but just arrived in Falls Church, VA, here till at least July, 2013.

Gator

Offline Seth

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2012, 04:47:21 PM »
Southern Henrico.
::currently wondering how bad Hurricane Sandy will be::

Offline Kayzonara

• Senior Survivalist
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me being cheerful
« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
From Arkansas but j ;Dust arrived in Falls Church, VA, here till at least July, 2013.

Gator
Hope you dont have to use rt 7 much.

Offline stry67

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »
Henrico here too

Offline jim124816

• Survivor
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2012, 06:33:03 PM »
Nokesville here.  Work in Woodbridge.

Offline NoDak

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
Hello, live in Stafford and work in Falls Church/Arlington.

Offline The New Mike

• Survivor
  • Universal Man in Training
    • Freedom Louisiana
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2012, 07:06:04 PM »
Nokesville here.  Work in Woodbridge.

Nice I lived in Woodbridge last year till September of this year. Just off of Minneville. Moved to Louisiana and haven't looked back.

I'll actually be up in Fredericksburg the first week of December for work. My parents live there as well so I'll be staying there. I telecommute for my position in Tysons Corner. Used to commute from Woodbridge, and then Fredericksburg up to Tysons every day. Fun.

Glad I moved.

Offline NoDak

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2012, 07:11:31 PM »
That great you escaped from "here", still plugging away not able to telecommute, but that's awesome your able to make that happen. Have many friends in the greater NoLa area, most that live there enjoy that location over NoVa.

Offline JimM1911a1

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
Leesburg 20175 checking in.

Offline The New Mike

• Survivor
    • Freedom Louisiana
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »
That great you escaped from "here", still plugging away not able to telecommute, but that's awesome your able to make that happen. Have many friends in the greater NoLa area, most that live there enjoy that location over NoVa.

The driving force was that my wife got a job with chevron down here. Coming into my job it was my intent to make myself indispensable. I even wrote that on this like just starting review sheet. It also helped that the company has great leadership and have common sense. Its one of the reasons I took the job. Combination of luck and serious hard work and now that I am disadvantaged because I'm not on site and can't listen to the customer's suggestions on a regular basis, I force myself to work just a wee bit harder.

I didn't know how I was going to like this place, but all I can say after living all over the country, I think I like this place best. If Northern Virginia was cut off from Virginia I think I'd like Virginia best. Unfortunately its kind of a lost cause blue state now since it has been gobbled up by the Federal Capital.

Offline Virginian

• Survivor
  • The Virginian
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2012, 05:16:55 AM »
If Northern Virginia was cut off from Virginia I think I'd like Virginia best. Unfortunately its kind of a lost cause blue state now since it has been gobbled up by the Federal Capital.

trjg,

What do you mean by "gobbled up by the Federal Capital"?

I grew up in NOVA and over the years have been moving southward as urban sprawl has consumed every remote area I have tried to call home,
my last and most likely final move was to the agricultural county of Orange Va 100 miles south of NOVA (Not Our Virginia).

By viewing the election results for the state by county you'll see that the the county's of Prince William, Fairfax & Loudoun had strong Dem support.

Prince William has a large Latino population that I'm sure all turned out to vote for their savior (probably more than once using different ID)

Fairfax has a large Asian population along with numerous federal workers who want to keep their unproductive jobs that I'm sure also all turned out to vote for their savior.

I don't know what the hell is up with Loudoun I guess being the highest income county in the nation the majority are probably overpaid fed workers as well.

Offline The New Mike

• Survivor
    • Freedom Louisiana
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »
trjg,

What do you mean by "gobbled up by the Federal Capital"?

I grew up in NOVA and over the years have been moving southward as urban sprawl has consumed every remote area I have tried to call home,
my last and most likely final move was to the agricultural county of Orange Va 100 miles south of NOVA (Not Our Virginia).

By viewing the election results for the state by county you'll see that the the county's of Prince William, Fairfax & Loudoun had strong Dem support.

Prince William has a large Latino population that I'm sure all turned out to vote for their savior (probably more than once using different ID)

Fairfax has a large Asian population along with numerous federal workers who want to keep their unproductive jobs that I'm sure also all turned out to vote for their savior.

I don't know what the hell is up with Loudoun I guess being the highest income county in the nation the majority are probably overpaid fed workers as well.

I know Virginia and NOVA quite well now. I've lived in Fredericksburg, Blacksburg, Virginia Beach, Manassas, and Woodbridge. I've worked in Virginia Beach, Arlington and in Tysons Corner. Everything you've said is what I've heard. I know orange very well for having never lived there since I've driven through it at least a few hundred or so times. Love driving through it, except that damn 25 mile an hour road that is at the intersection of 20 and 15. God its annoying. I used to buy meats at the farmer's market in Fredericksburg (very nice by the way) from this family that has their farm in Orange. My Audi broke down in Orange one time and had to wait like 2 hours for somebody to pick met up.

What do I mean about the gobbled up? Washington, DC has completely taken over not only the entire North of the state, but now is capable of essentially dictating the entire policies of the state. Every dollar that exists in Northern Virginia is essentially derived from the federal purse. I tried explaining to this chick at one of my contract jobs that she (and I) didn't pay any taxes. Needless to say she didn't want to hear any of that. (Government contractors don't pay taxes, they shuffle the same taxed productivity back to the gubbmnt)

Without a doubt the best place in Virginia (in my opinion) is South Western Virginia (minus roanoke).

Offline Nicodemus

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
We tend to like things here in Southwest Virginia.

Northern Virginia's proximity to Washington D.C. is part of the reason it receives such a large sum in salaries and wages paid by the government. It's not only that, though. The state receives 12% of the total of The Department of Defense's procurement spending and is home to 20+ military bases including NS Norfolk (The Atlantic Fleet), MCB Quantico (US Marine Corps Crossroads, FBI Academy, DEA, etc), Langley AFB and Fort A.P. Hill.

Offline The New Mike

• Survivor
    • Freedom Louisiana
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2012, 07:44:28 PM »
We tend to like things here in Southwest Virginia.

Northern Virginia's proximity to Washington D.C. is part of the reason it receives such a large sum in salaries and wages paid by the government. It's not only that, though. The state receives 12% of the total of The Department of Defense's procurement spending and is home to 20+ military bases including NS Norfolk (The Atlantic Fleet), MCB Quantico (US Marine Corps Crossroads, FBI Academy, DEA, etc), Langley AFB and Fort A.P. Hill.

Ya don't forget ol' Virginia Beach. Home of the Navy/Marine Intelligence Training Center and Navy Seals.  (Damneck). I know quantico allllll too well. Was a marine there for 7 years.

Where ya at in Virginia? My wife is from blacksburg. Guess I swooped into tech and picked up a townie.

Offline Nicodemus

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2012, 12:30:09 PM »
I'm in Abingdon, VA about 20 miles from the TN border.

Offline Bennington1776

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do you have a plan?
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »
Part Time in Ararat, VA