Farm, Garden and The Land > Live Stock, Critters and Aquaculture

Archers 15,000 new girlfriends... I have BEES!!!

<< < (6/6)

theaccidentalsurvivor:
I live here in houston, so it doesnt get that cold, but obviously cold enough that they dont want to stick around in the winter time. Always learnin'!

LvsChant:
Just curious about the epi-pen... is that a standard thing for beekeepers to keep around? Or are you allergic to stings? Love the pics and getting to hear about the project! +1 for you!

archer:

--- Quote from: lvschant on June 11, 2009, 07:47:13 PM ---Just curious about the epi-pen... is that a standard thing for beekeepers to keep around? Or are you allergic to stings? Love the pics and getting to hear about the project! +1 for you!

--- End quote ---
The BeeGuild I belong to recommends it for yourself and possible other people around the hive. My mentor has kept bees for 8 years. Never had a problem getting stung until last year when he had a strong reaction. Now he carries and Epi-pen with him all the time and wears a full body bee suit.
I am not allergic, I had myself tested last year and I was stung as a kid several times.
I have my blog @ http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/, I post updated on my quest for new skills as well as Beekeeping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version