Farm, Garden and The Land > Live Stock, Critters and Aquaculture

Dairy Goats

<< < (2/3) > >>

simple_pilgrim:
We plan on a couple does only.  We'll get them bred by the seller.

Coyote:
Had Nubians in the past.  All I can say is very LOUD!!!  Had to sell them after my company made me a road warrior for a while. Planning on starting again this year.  Having a hard time finding grade animals in my location.

Da Fat Kid:
We raised Pygmy goats both registered and grade until my wife had a stroke and it became to much for me to do alone and work full time to.
I used electric fence on the inside of my field fence. I used 6" stand off insulators and set them 6-8" above the ground and again at 12-14". If we had a goat that didn't respect the fence I would hold it's head right behind the ears and touch the nose to the fence. YES WE BOTH DID THE FUNKY CHICKEN but that would be the last time that goat touched the fence. I know that may sound mean but think about if that goat didn't respect the fence it would get out and either get hit by a vehicle or become coyote bait, now how nice would that be.

Beetle:

--- Quote from: Da Fat Kid on February 06, 2009, 07:45:01 PM ---We raised Pygmy goats both registered and grade until my wife had a stroke and it became to much for me to do alone and work full time to.
I used electric fence on the inside of my field fence. I used 6" stand off insulators and set them 6-8" above the ground and again at 12-14". If we had a goat that didn't respect the fence I would hold it's head right behind the ears and touch the nose to the fence. YES WE BOTH DID THE FUNKY CHICKEN but that would be the last time that goat touched the fence. I know that may sound mean but think about if that goat didn't respect the fence it would get out and either get hit by a vehicle or become coyote bait, now how nice would that be.

--- End quote ---
I accidentally whized on an electric fence once, and it taught me to stay away from them.

Coyote:
Never did answer one of your questions...most breeds are kidding right about now.  Should see the wethers posted once they are weened.  Might even see some bottle babies listed (still being bottle feed).  Here's a website with some postings:

http://www.bestfarmbuys.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version