Farm, Garden and The Land > Live Stock, Critters and Aquaculture

Newest member to my family

(1/2) > >>

CT9A:
This is Tala.  She's a 9 month old husky that is very well trained for still being a puppy.  I got her for free on Craigslist today and couldn't be happier. 

Now, for the survival twist, no she's not your typical hunting/guard/attack dog, but what can/should I teach her?  She's already picking up on  a lot of things that I've been trying to get her to do (and I just got her today!), so she's very smart, just a little hyper.  Can I teach her to guard since she doesn't really bark and seems to love all people right off?  Can I teach her to hunt (I have to teach myself how to do that first too)? 

Also, she's 100% pure, but not registered and not fixed.  Should I breed her or get her fixed?

CT9A:
Oh yeah, and does anyone know if I can put her poop in the compost?  Some books I've read say no, but others say yes.

19kilo:
I've heard both to.  I personaly do not. 

My boy Otis has gotten into some nasty shit, so I don't even try it.

CT9A:
Should this be based off of what they eat?  FWIW, she only eats what is given to her, dog food and treats.

19kilo:

--- Quote from: CT9A on December 19, 2008, 08:20:15 PM ---Should this be based off of what they eat?  FWIW, she only eats what is given to her, dog food and treats.

--- End quote ---

Otis rarely eats meat scraps except for the occasional chicken nuggets that the kids slip him.  But when I pick up his poo from the yard, I have seen every thing from rubber bands to tin foil.  Might be jus my dog though. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version