Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

Talk about expired can goods

<< < (2/4) > >>

Morning Sunshine:
my sisters-in-law were here for a visit from out of state.  One night for dinner, one asked if we had any ketchup.  Um, no idea - we don't use it as a condiment, but as an ingredient.  Fridge check, nope no ketchup.  She was surprised - what kind of American does NOT have ketchup in the fridge!  One of the kids ran downstairs to see if we had any in the food storage.  Yup.  SIL then looks at the bottle and says "expires in 2016" and decided she would do without.

We will use it and it is fine.

Redman:
Ketchup is one of the things we keep stocked. I buy in the largest container available, store brand, put one in the frig and several on the shelf. We use it as an ingredient, very little as a condiment. No problem if it's past the "best buy date".

Stwood:
Same here. Gotta make some RABBQ when we run low.

Redman:

--- Quote from: Stwood on August 31, 2019, 06:21:33 PM ---Same here. Gotta make some RABBQ when we run low.

--- End quote ---

Yep I got about 3 quarts in the frig that I never got around to canning. It's getting time to do a few more canner loads of BBQ beans and pulled pork with sauce. I'll need at least 9 more quarts of RABBQ. Need to get more vinegar, brown sugar and ketchup.

Morning Sunshine:
all right... what is RABBQ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version