Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

Ruger PC Carbine 9mm Carbine

<< < (2/8) > >>

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: BLACK SHIRT on December 29, 2017, 06:39:19 PM ---I am very interested in this gun. Ruger is the only firearms company that is really innovating.

--- End quote ---
Kind of a bold statement isnt it? The various pistol red dot companies are not innovating? Remington's mag fed 870s. SIGs 320s, their in house optic and the possibility of the first from the company optic equipped pistol? The shockwave style shotgun, the SIG Brace ARs gutting the SBR prohibition.

The Maxim 9 integrally surpressed pistol? .224 Valkyrie? Glock gen 5s being damn near match grade barrel accurate out of the box whike maintaining glock reliability?

I would also point out that while the Glock mag thing is new, this isn't even Ruger's first pistol caliber semi-auto carbine. They produced the police carbine from 1996-2006.

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: NWPilgrim on December 29, 2017, 06:59:31 PM ---How so?  Isn't the removable mag an issue in California?  I thought the new regs made mags an issue even without a pistol grip.  If they are legal, then yeah, could be an excellent home defense carbine for CA.

--- End quote ---

No, 10 rd removable mags are legal in rifles without pistol grips. Ruger Mini, M1A, KelTec SU, and the original Ruger PC are all quite legal.  AR rifles are selling like crazy with these weird kydex paddles that disable the pistol grip functionality, too.  The only feature that would need to be removed on this new Ruger is the threaded barrel.

Chemsoldier:
USPSA and IDPA have options for pistol caliber carbines and this is way cheaper than a pistol caliber dedicated AR. The Glock mag capability is a nod to inevitability of consumer desire (will it take 33 rounders reliably?). It will also take the mags of the SR and new Security 9 series pistols. This might give some springboard for ruger into SSP (IDPA) and Producton Division (USPSA).

The ability to get into some of the AWB states seems a far sighted move as well.

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: Chemsoldier on December 29, 2017, 07:54:31 PM ---I would also point out that while the Glock mag thing is new, this isn't even Ruger's first pistol caliber semi-auto carbine. They produced the police carbine from 1996-2006.

--- End quote ---

I almost snagged a used one in .40 a few months ago, but it was first come first served and I got there third.

David in MN:
I say this as a guy whose dream gun is a Thompson. I don't see the point of pistol caliber carbines anymore. Other than range toys or for optimized competitive games.

I remember the 90s when an MP5 was the end all be all carbine until we remembered that an AR or AK could do everything it does better. And close quarters you probably still want a shotgun.

9mm? They could have made a legit rifle out of 10mm, .357, or .44. Enough to be a takedown hunting rifle with range.

I just don't see it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version