Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

Ruger PC Carbine 9mm Carbine

<< < (5/8) > >>

NWPilgrim:

--- Quote from: FreeLancer on December 29, 2017, 08:11:31 PM ---No, 10 rd removable mags are legal in rifles without pistol grips. Ruger Mini, M1A, KelTec SU, and the original Ruger PC are all quite legal.  AR rifles are selling like crazy with these weird kydex paddles that disable the pistol grip functionality, too.  The only feature that would need to be removed on this new Ruger is the threaded barrel.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification.  In that case I can see these Rugers selling very well in CA.  I hope they go all the way and offer .40S&W, 10mm, and .45ACP.  Hopefully the design is such that even if Ruger does not do this then third party mfgrs will offer caliber conversions.  A 10mm with Buffalo Bore or similar loads would make a decent camp gun. 

I have helped others with AR15 mods for CA and they are not fun.  The bullet button can stick unexpectedly, and the stocks are clumsy.  If I was down there I would much rather have a solid PCC such as this (assuming it will be soon) and an M1A or Garand, rather than dork around with a modded AR15.

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: NWPilgrim on January 09, 2018, 05:52:18 PM ---Thanks for the clarification.  In that case I can see these Rugers selling very well in CA.  I hope they go all the way and offer .40S&W, 10mm, and .45ACP.  Hopefully the design is such that even if Ruger does not do this then third party mfgrs will offer caliber conversions.  A 10mm with Buffalo Bore or similar loads would make a decent camp gun. 

I have helped others with AR15 mods for CA and they are not fun.  The bullet button can stick unexpectedly, and the stocks are clumsy.  If I was down there I would much rather have a solid PCC such as this (assuming it will be soon) and an M1A or Garand, rather than dork around with a modded AR15.

--- End quote ---

Ironically (and much to the gun-grabber's fury, I'm sure), now that the pistol grip must be crippled, AR15's sold in CA no longer have stupid bullet buttons.  Which is why I bought my first one last year, before the geniuses in Sacramento fully grasp just how modular the weapon they're trying to ban really is.  To be clear, I'm not advocating violating the law, my Cali stocks stay on the gun, but if I travel to a different state, transforming it back into what everyone else is allowed to have is much easier than swapping out the damn bullet button.

But, you're right, M1A's are my preference down here.

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: NWPilgrim on January 09, 2018, 05:52:18 PM ---In that case I can see these Rugers selling very well in CA. 

--- End quote ---

Speaking of which.......

Carl:
  I had one of those...it was called MARLIN CAMP CARBINE and I had 9MM and 45 ACP versions.

NWPilgrim:

--- Quote from: Carl on January 10, 2018, 06:40:21 AM ---  I had one of those...it was called MARLIN CAMP CARBINE and I had 9MM and 45 ACP versions.

--- End quote ---

What did you think of them?  Reliable?  Just for fun or practical for home defense?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version