Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The .22 Caliber Rifle: An Essential Homestead Firearm

"Savage Model 187 Series A" .22LR

<< < (2/5) > >>

d3nni5:

--- Quote from: flippydidit on December 01, 2013, 11:48:38 AM ---I am a gunsmith, though I don't like to give advice on open forums (it's a liability thing). 
--- End quote ---

Understood, and appreciated.   Thanks for all the pointers.   I am out in the field hunting the next two days on a buddy's farm, so I doubt I have any chance to get to it this week.

I need to finish my workbench in the garage (another project half done).   Once I got it where I want it, this is exactly the kind of project I am looking to do.

I'll keep you posted, but doubt I tear down for awhile.

flippydidit:
I'm not sure if you've heard the term "air soluble parts" before, but I use it mostly to describe the parts in old .22 rifles.  They're the parts that "dissolve when they contact air" (typically little springs and pins).  Just be careful, because those little pieces have a proclivity for "disappearing acts".  Good luck, and I hope you get it shooting again!

nelson96:

--- Quote from: flippydidit on December 01, 2013, 03:28:41 PM ---Good luck, and I hope you get it shooting again!
--- End quote ---

Good confidence builder there  ;)

soupbone:
"air soluble parts" - I like that. It also applies to cameras, watches, HO gauge model railroad engines, and the like, right?

soup

bgeno:
This is a question for flippydidit. I have a stevens model 887 which is the almost identical gun to the 187. how is the ejector spring installed? should it slide right in. I think I got sent the wrong spring is the reason I am asking. also the bumper spring requires the barrel removal. It has two pins holding it in. Can I remove the barrel or should I take it to a gun smith. Is it a press fit? I am trying to get the old girl going again picked it up cheap and now I know why. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version