Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

Found a nice article about cheap non-perishables

<< < (2/10) > >>

daved:
We sell some stuff to a place like these at work. They have all kinds of out dated and otherwise distressed products. However they also sell perfectly good items as well. We actually only sell them one item, basically a pallet at a time. You can buy this item at the bargain place for less than we sell it to the club stores. Notice I didn't say less than you can buy it at the club stores, but actually less than it costs the store to buy.
So, the point is, there are real bargains at places like this.

StephanF-:
I saw that too and found one about half an hour from us. The store itself was a very sad, falling apart kinda place.

The deal were very good, they are best a week or two after a major holiday, during the summer, not so much.
It's never the same twice so you should go often. You do have to pick and choose.

PAGUY:
That was a nice article.  As to the expiration date I have to be honest when I say no matter where I shop I look at the expiration date. 

Citizen Zero:
The Grocery outlet stores that there is only one listed for WA is an understatement, they are everywhere.

But, like others have said, you need to make sure that you know what you are buying. There are a lot of name brand items that are close to the expiration dates, of those many are perfectly usable well after that time. "Best By" does not mean that it has gone bad in the can.

Do be weary of the off brand stuff, you never know exactly what you are going to wind up with. If you stick with the name brands that you recognize, there are some great deals to be found. We frequent the chain exactly for that reason.

As with all things, YMMV.

Nicodemus:
Thanks for the bump on this.

I found a salvage store close by using the list.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version