Author Topic: Episode-1022- Listener Calls for 11-16-12  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
Episode-1022- Listener Calls for 11-16-12
« on: August 09, 2014, 01:06:53 AM »
The Survival Podcast http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com

SERIES:     TSP
EPISODE:  1022
DATE:        November 16, 2012
TITLE:         Episode-1022- Listener Calls for 11-16-12

SOURCE FILE:
http://www.survivalpodcast.net/audio/2012/11-12/epi-01022-calls-11-16-12.mp3

FILE ARCHIVE:   http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/episode-1022-listener-calls-for-11-16-12

DESCRIPTION:
Today I take your calls on gardening, disaster relief, firearms, energy, foreign languages, moving, “job security”  and more.
Remember to be on a show like this one just pick up your phone and call 866-65-THINK. The best way to improve your chances of being on the air is ask your question or make your point up front, then provide details.
Also please do your best to call from a quite area with a good connection and speak up so you can be well heard. I can’t put all calls on the air but I do my best to get most of them on.
Join Me Today As I Respond to Your Calls and Discuss…
The best way to prep ground for a new garden
Why people with “no sympathy” for victims are mentally defective
Expert council member “Joe Nobody” weighs in on rifle stances
Steven Harris on modified vs. true sine wave inverters
How hunters might develop permaculture style food plots
Paul Wheaton weighs in on best practices for potato production
Why banks are 100% unmotivated in selling foreclosed properties
Why Russian may be one of the best foreign languages to learn today
Growing peas for long term storage
Thoughts on moving and weighing options
Resources for today’s show…
Members Support Brigade
Join Our Forum
TSP Copper
TSP Gear Shop
JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
Survival Gear Bags – (sponsor of the day)
YouTube Play List Why QE 3 Will “Work” – Please not the quotes around work
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.

INTRO & CLOSING SONG:
“Revolution is You” by Gregg Yows

TRANSCRIPTION PROVIDED BY:
Hootie

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
Re: Episode-1022- Listener Calls for 11-16-12
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 01:07:11 AM »
[00:30:27]

Jack Spirko: Let go ahead and take another question.

[00:30:30]

Jerry: Hi Jack, this is Jerry. I have a question that is probably for Steven Harris. It is about inverters. As I understand there are two types of inverters. The pure sine wave and the modified sine wave. With the pure sine wave being much more expensive. My actual question is, "What loads or applications require the pure sine wave type of inverter, rather than the modified sine wave?" thank you, good bye.

[00:30:52]

Jack Spirko: I asked Steve to answered that question and he was kind enough to do so. Mr Harris please give us the skinny on inverters.

[00:31:00]

Steven Harris: Jerry this is Steve Harris. Thanks for calling in the question. I have been getting this question about modified sine waves vs sine wave inverters a fair amount. There was a reason that I did not put it into the show that I had on inverters in cars is because it really does not matter. I try to buy things that do not matter not into the shows. Only the stuff that does matter. Apparently this should have been one of the does not matter things I should have mentioned. The only thing that need a pure sine wave is synchronous AC motors. Which you are not going to be powering in your house anyways. People say, "Oh my electronics they got to have a sine wave." Electrons run off of DC voltage internally. All they do is convert AC into DC. They convert modified sine waves to DC internally quite perfectly. There is a reason why 95% to 98% of the inverters sold are modify sine wave. It is because they work just perfectly fine. You do not need to spend the extra money on pure sine wave inverter. You are just going to get a lot less and spend a lot more and it is not going to work. But do not believe me, go get a modified sine wave inverter, plug it into car and plug a tv into it. I plug my 27in monitor/tv into it as my backup TV. It draws 55 watts. It works perfect. My laptop works perfect because the laptop works on DC. It has a big converter box on it. Your VCR will probably work on it as well. I got tons of stories of people running their DVD players and TVs off of the modified sine wave inverters. The end result is that it is going to work fine. It is going to work fine for your refrigerator. It is going to work fine for everything. You don't need to put extra capacitors on to it for a start up load or anything, because all of those devices that have a start up load already have capacitors in them. I hope this answers your question and this is some reinforcement for the rest of you guys. Modified sine wave works just perfectly. Thanks. All of my stuff if you want to know more is at www.Solar1234.com. Go listen to all of my past podcast with Jack. You can listen to them right on the site. Keep on calling in the questions, guys. Don't forget the big Steven Harris battery bank for your home and battery bank for car with an inverter show on TSP is coming up early December. Don't miss it.

[00:33:30]

Jack Spirko: Thanks to Steve for another great answer and making another one of these things that people worry about. Something just to stop worrying about. Let go ahead and take another question.

[00:33:39]