Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Camping

HOW TO PREPARE FOR A CAMPING TRIP?

(1/5) > >>

linjiawen0910:
I want to go camping,

HOW TO PREPARE FOR A CAMPING TRIP

What should I prepare?

Carl:
  Plan for shelter,comfort,drink,food,HYGIENE  ...hot or cold? How to have hot or cold environment,food,drink.

Start with camp set-up in your yard,practice shelter,drink,food carry,storage,preparation

Your question lacks detail enough to give better answers...so let's see more detail?

AvenueQ:

--- Quote from: Carl on September 15, 2017, 02:54:04 AM --- Your question lacks detail enough to give better answers...so let's see more detail?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I camp a bit with my husband and always prepare differently depending on several factors. Are you tent or trailer camping? If tent camping, will you have a car nearby or are you hiking in? Is there potable water at the campsite? How many nights are you staying?

Cedar:
Where are you going? Where are you staying? What do you have? What is the weather? What is the wildlife like there? Are you going to have raccoons into your beer? Do you need to hang your food in bear boxes? How long are you going? Is there a fire ban? Are you planning on cooking? Or have no cook foods to eat ( my daughter and I chose to take no cook on our last trip we took).

Cedar

surfivor:
find a basic list like this:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/166914729917184608

That list has too much stuff on it so make your own list of basics

Just go for one night, then next time you go you will have a better idea what you should have brought.

Camping is good, it helps you appreciate what you have .. a roof over your head, hot water etc and you will get fresh air .. be strong, unless you're going to the everglades or the big swamp don't worry about a few bugs or inconveniences. On the other hand; UFO's and big foot, watch out for those so I would camp near other people.

Learn to light a camp fire. If you are cold because you didn't bring enough warm stuff or big foot is out there so you can't sleep, then get up and light a camp fire. A tarp and rope is good if it rains.

Make sure you camp where it is ok to collect firewood and there is deadwood around that is off the ground and dry or bring your own firewood

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version