The TSP Marketplace > Backyard Food Production

Seed for Morenga and Leucaena

<< < (2/2)

jm_sol:
yipeee skipee got my seeds in the mail this week for the morenga. hoping to have them growing soon. planning to supplement the future chickens feed with the leaves. hoping to also harvest seeds for growing more in greenhouse setting at our farm in SW arkansas.

has anyone any advice for starting these in august heat Houston area?

fred.greek:
Moringa leaves, as chicken feed?  Run a web search about the value of moringa as a “multi vitamin” for people.  The leaves are edible raw or cooked, the pods are edible, the roots also.  Note, moringa can be “cloned” from a cutting of a stem of about ½ inch in diameter. 

suburbindigenous:
Got my plant from a local farmer's market. I will be taking cuttings when it gets bigger and might be selling some of plants on eBay :)

microdevil45:

--- Quote from: fred.greek on August 18, 2012, 10:40:05 PM ---Moringa leaves, as chicken feed?  Run a web search about the value of moringa as a “multi vitamin” for people.  The leaves are edible raw or cooked, the pods are edible, the roots also.  Note, moringa can be “cloned” from a cutting of a stem of about ½ inch in diameter.

--- End quote ---

I am currently in the process of finding a correct mixture for both my rabbits, chickens, and fish as well one for my family.  In the future I might try to find a mixture for my goats as well.  But with all the nutritional goodness of this plant it shouldn't be hard.  I will post when I get closer.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version