Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Martial Arts, Unarmed Self Defense, Hand To Hand Combat, and Physical Fitness

Tactical Fitness Plan

<< < (2/6) > >>

r_w:
How much extra are you carrying in your spare tire?

I dropped 50-60 lbs.  I can carry a pretty heavy pack and still be lighter than I was two years ago. 

theBINKYhunter:
Jim, I get what you are saying and I don't mean to sound disrespectful at all. What you are describing sounds to me like being generally fit. My point with dropping the 'tactical' part was aimed at the marketing of that program. I think you could do a letter better for a lot less. Also since you're entirely out of shape doing something that ramps you up is what you need, and that may take months. I can't see someone in your condition (based on your description) becoming 'soldier fit' in 12 weeks.

Getting into shape is like getting out of debt. People generally get into debt over the years and it takes years to get out of. Being lazy and becoming overweight can take a long time and you're not going to get in shape in a short time. It's going to take months and possibly even years depending on how motivated you are. The biggest thing that I would stress is to go slow and take your time so you don't injure yourself.

PrepperJim:

--- Quote from: r_w on February 06, 2016, 06:45:45 PM ---How much extra are you carrying in your spare tire?

I dropped 50-60 lbs.  I can carry a pretty heavy pack and still be lighter than I was two years ago.

--- End quote ---

If I am being honest, I could drop another 30 lbs of fat and still be overweight. I've already lost 10 lbs so yeah, trading the fat for pack would be doable.

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: PrepperJim on February 07, 2016, 07:18:40 AM ---If I am being honest, I could drop another 30 lbs of fat and still be overweight. I've already lost 10 lbs so yeah, trading the fat for pack would be doable.

--- End quote ---
Keep in mind, weight is NOT lost in the gym.  You lose weight in the kitchen.

Run a 5k and you are down about 300 calories.  If you have a protein bar and a Gatorade after the run, you probably just consumed more than you burned.  Yes, exercise can help you lose weight

I lost about 30 pounds just about a year ago.  In the past I did the weight watchers online thing.  It wasn't for me.  But I started using a scale to ensure that I'm actually eating a serving.  I also use an app to track what I'm eating(myfitnesspal).  It works wonderful for me since I am not limited in what I consume.  If I want to eat a bucket of lard, I can as long as I track it.

PrepperJim:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on February 07, 2016, 10:09:44 AM ---Keep in mind, weight is NOT lost in the gym.  You lose weight in the kitchen.

I also use an app to track what I'm eating(myfitnesspal).  It works wonderful for me since I am not limited in what I consume.  If I want to eat a bucket of lard, I can as long as I track it.

--- End quote ---

This is 100% correct. I am also tracking my calories by myfitnesspal and have that connected to my fitbit. They are pretty good tools. One thing I do is before I put food in my mouth, I see what the "cost" is (ie calories) and where I stand for the day. I target a deficit of 750 to 1000 calories a day. I don't always make it (Superbowl Sunday was a tough one, but I could have eaten more). I put in some extra time on the eliptical machine so I could have a few extra beers and watch my Broncos win the Superbowl! It was worth the cost.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version