News > Current Severe Emergency Situations

WA governor declares state of milk emergency

<< < (2/2)

JerseyVince:
to think nothing of the Oreo famine or Black Coffee mange that would run rampant if Milk stopped for a day

Herbalpagan:
1) must not have much exciting stuff happen in Washington
2) they probably don't want to take a chance that the farmers will dump the milk, creating "toxic" waste

Roundabouts:
Yeah toxic waste.  I thought I heard that milk was contaminated from the Japan incident.  Signs were showing up in milk.  How else would you get rid of toxic waste besides feeding to the public.  And heaven forbid if the schools didn't get their chocolate milk.  Now if you ask me it is time for civil unrest if our star bucks and other coffee houses can not get their milk products.  Us people here can't go without our coffee.

On a more serious note really well where the heck is the snow?  We only had a few inches and it was not even below freezing.  My son lives in Olympia and he said ah it's fine just go slow.  Not much there really either.  Maybe it's worse eastern WA or up in the mts. Don't know. 

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: Roundabouts on January 19, 2012, 04:12:28 PM ---On a more serious note really well where the heck is the snow?  We only had a few inches and it was not even below freezing.  My son lives in Olympia and he said ah it's fine just go slow. ...

--- End quote ---

I think Olympia was about the edge of the bad stuff.  Further north (e.g. Seattle) got hit pretty bad, and of course Eastern WA is a mess in places.  I think Southeast WA (where I am) has it worse than Spokane, because here we've had a day of mixed freezing rain + sleet + snow, and you can only drive if you don't need to accelerate, delecerate, or turn. 8)  Up in Spokane it's just plain snow, which is easier to deal with.

Roundabouts:
oh freezing rain yuck.  Yeah didn't know just been catching the weather local for my extended forecast.  Watching for the rains to hit so I knew how many days I had left to work outside.  Love that beat the rain game.  This year I won :egyptian:  got everything done that had to be done before it hit.  Now I don't need to watch the weather it will be rain every day till June?  :'(     

When Hubby came home he told me Seattle is under ice. ok so I live in a bubble.  Hope every one thaws out soon.  I had a feeling this was going to be a bad winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version