News > Current Severe Emergency Situations

The Nor'easter of October 2011: downed trees, cut power lines & sad grasshoppers

<< < (2/3) > >>

fuzzy:
I've never understood why God made such beautiful country as New England, and then turned around and gave it to a bunch of smart-ass yankees?  Maybe the tornadoes & blizzards will humble them a little bit?   Nawwwww!

phuttan:
I loved it. We haven't had snow before Halloween in SE PA since I was a kid. And remember to keep your eyes peeled for good deals on slightly used generators, etc.

Pat

Herbalpagan:
Hey all - I'm in one of them there "uneducated Hill Towns" that Oil Lady mentioned (snicker) and she is right. This state/area operated FOR the cities, not for the rest of us. The area I live in is closerto the MOwhawk Trail than the interstate, and we got 24" in my town, 30" in the next twon over...no power loss for me, but some were without. Hubby came home from Boston on Sunday after the storm (he was at a meeting)and he related the grasshoppers he encountered. Some didn't understand the words "cash only" and some were wandering like mindless zombies around gas pumps that weren't working. He even saw a few with the hose in their hands looking into the spout like it would suddenly start working!
Some of my prepper group live in the "Springfield-Hartford" area and they reported last night that it is supposed to be another 10 days before they get power back (not in the city, in the burbs). While they are preppers, their neighbors are not and they've been talking to them...they see that some are going to turn into ants, but the majority will go back to the way they were.
It's a sad fact of life that many think it will never happen again. This was a once in a life time storm..."THEY" will fix it so it doesn't happen like this! (yeah, how'd that work in the ice storm three years ago, the hurricane this summer and now with this???)

I really love New England, but don't love how the cities dominate the state. Cities seem to indoctrinate stupid into so many people.

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: fuzzy on November 01, 2011, 09:01:21 PM ---I've never understood why God made such beautiful country as New England, and then turned around and gave it to a bunch of smart-ass yankees?  Maybe the tornadoes & blizzards will humble them a little bit?   Nawwwww!

--- End quote ---

I think Lee Marvin explains this best here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-pAyVszASY&feature=related

antsyaunt:

--- Quote from: Herbalpagan on November 02, 2011, 06:18:14 AM ---I really love New England, but don't love how the cities dominate the state. Cities seem to indoctrinate stupid into so many people.

--- End quote ---
  I so understand.  I really love the hill country of central NY, but the population is so low that this area's needs take a back seat to city areas.  As far as the recent storm goes:  we got lucky--again!  We just had a dusting of snow. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version