Author Topic: Housewarming-bucket ideas?  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Mielikki

• Prepper
Housewarming-bucket ideas?
« on: April 13, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
Two of my friends are moving together and they will be having a housewarming-party soon. Both are pretty "happy-go-lucky" but since they have been living on their own for years, they don't need "typical" household stuff, like pots and pans and whatnot. I was thinking that perhaps a nice housewarming gift could be something like "bug-in-bucket" because I don't think they will be emerging from that house anytime soon (you know, newlywed and all :P).

So what I had in mind was something that could sort of sustain 2 people for a week, be a bit on the luxurious side and sort of humorous and fit into a smallish bucket with sealable lid. It is not supposed to be "complete" survival bucket with emergency stove, matches, space blankets etc. This could also make them to think that having stuff to eat if they want to "enjoy the company of eachother" for one reason or other might not be a bad idea at all.

So far I have come up with 7 different meals (for example, bear paté sauce with fancy macaroni) with desserts (for example, white chokolade moussé), baking supplies, coffee, tea, sugar and creamer, something in case she has a "headache" ::), condoms (after the headache is gone, these might be usefull ;)), candles and matches to create that special atmosphere and some sort of booklet with recipes, jokes and stuff like that.

I still feel like I'm missing something, so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know :)

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: Housewarming-bucket ideas?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
I'd add:
-hangover medication
-extra batteries
-assorted fancy chocolates
-silly string...

Offline Mielikki

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
I'd add:
-hangover medication
-extra batteries
-assorted fancy chocolates
-silly string...

Excellent, this is just along the lines I was thinking about and these all are things I missed  ;D

And these also made me think more of things I missed, like a bottle of nice wine and canned cherries.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 01:20:23 PM »
Archer, you are totally invited to our housewarming party when we move.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »
Excellent, this is just along the lines I was thinking about and these all are things I missed  ;D

And these also made me think more of things I missed, like a bottle of nice wine and canned cherries.
Red wine as a present at a house warming is a given... And not canned cherries, cherries bottled in some liquor.. Then need to add the ingredients and recipe to make fresh whipped cream.... Whipped cream is sooo much better than the store bought stuff and it's not hard to make.. Heck, you can make it with a quart of whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, and a little shaking....

And Thanks Sister Wolf!