Author Topic: WallyWorld "mini" cans  (Read 4351 times)

Offline sardog

• Prepper
  • All bark, no bite
    • Buck Creek Survival
WallyWorld "mini" cans
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:23:36 AM »
The DW and I were walking through Wally World a few days ago. Whilst filling some holes in the food preps, I was perusing the canned vegetables, I spied some small cans. They were slightly larger than a tomato paste can and had pictures of various veggies. I examined them and they were "mini" cans (average size was 8 1/2 oz) of vegetables at the same price that the regular (12 oz)cans were a few months ago.
I thought inflation was under control  :D

Offline GlenM

• Survivor
Re: WallyWorld "mini" cans
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:21:21 PM »
Possible mis-priced?  Have you see the shrinking size of ice cream containers from 2 quarts to 1.5 quarts with the price remaining the same?

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »
It does seem that prices are staying the same or increasing & portion size is dwindling.  I've noticed this several times the last couple of years while grocery shopping.  We used to buy 50# bags of dog food for $23, now it's 40# bags & the price has gone up to $27.  It's going to get worse too. 

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »
I was so pissed tonight I actually took pictures of it and was gonna start a thread on them then found your comments. I went to Wallyworld and stocked up a few days ago. One of the items I bought was 20+ cans of albacore tuna for a $1.09 which I thought was a good price. I stopped by our local Bi-mart which had Albacore tuna on sale for .99 so I thought hey I'll get some more. When I got home and was putting the Bi-mart cans on the shelf with the Wallyworld's I instantly noticed a size difference in the cans. The Bi-mart brand was alot bigger can having 6 ounces. Walmart's were only 5 ounces. I will post a picture, Damn those Walmart bastards....
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:21:39 PM by Bailey »

tash

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »
Sadly its already called the 'Grocery Shrink Ray'. It's been happening for quite some time. :(

http://consumerist.com/tag/grocery-shrink-ray/

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »
This is why my preps lately have centered around food. Buy low and eat when the price is high. It truly is the best investment right now. Price is a major factor right now. It will be even more so in the coming year, I believe.