Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Amateur Radio How-To's

Make Copper 12V Battery Cable Lugs For Pennies!

(1/3) > >>

Smurf Hunter:
This is embarrassingly simple.  I presume larger diameter pipe could be used for heavier gauge cables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpFb_Yxl_hA

FreeLancer:
Clever! 

That can save you some serious money.  Copper is copper, I guess, whether it's conducting water or electrons.

Alan Georges:
Cool stuff, Smurf.  Thanks for posting that.  I need to clean up a few – literally – loose ends around the shack.

--- Quote from: FreeLancer on January 11, 2016, 04:52:35 PM ---Copper is copper, I guess, whether it's conducting water or electrons.

--- End quote ---
As long as it's the soft kind, K or L, but not M.  (Not that I've actually tried this mind you, it's what the guy in the video said.)

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on January 11, 2016, 06:50:36 PM ---As long as it's the soft kind, K or L, but not M.  (Not that I've actually tried this mind you, it's what the guy in the video said.)

--- End quote ---

Is there a difference in electrical conductivity with the M, or is it just the inability to physically bend and compress it without fracturing?

Alan Georges:

--- Quote from: FreeLancer on January 11, 2016, 07:04:14 PM ---Is there a difference in electrical conductivity with the M, or is it just the inability to physically bend and compress it without fracturing?

--- End quote ---
I really doubt there's any significant difference in conductivity.  The video just mentioned that M is harder, so I imagine that's what counts here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version