The Survival Podcast Network > Citizens Assisting Citizens

CAC - what you should know!

(1/4) > >>

nitehawg:
As with any organization, we use terms and phrases that have specific meanings to us-but not to you.  Here is my attempt to explain us.

CAC the former TSP disaster response team; now Citizens Assisting Citizens

DEPLOYABLE A volunteer who, in most cases, can respond and remain on scene for at least 3 days

NON-DEPLOYABLE A volunteer who due to health, family, financial or other sound reason cannot deploy.  While there is a major focus for "boots on the ground" volunteers, "shoes at home" volunteers are just as important to handle the day to day jobs that don't require being on scene.

GENERAL VOLUNTEER ALL OF US!  We will, of course,  need volunteers with special licenses, training, education, skills and hobbies but we must all be ready to pitch in where needed.  If you posses specialized skills please let us know in the comments section of the volunteer registration form.  We certainly will utilize your skills when we can.

REGION COORDINATOR For administrative purposes we chose to adopt the FEMA geographic regions.  Region Coordinators have been chosen by the Executive Director from applicants and passed background checks.  They are tasked with coordinating deployment and non-deployment activities.  We are still looking for a few, so if you are interested please let us know and I will send you a more complete description.

BACKGROUND CHECK Some positions require a criminal background check.  These are conducted by a licensed private investigative agency and the results are known only to the Executive Director and the volunteer.  There are no automatic disqualifiers.  If something troubling should arise, it will be resolved in a private conversation between the Executive Director and the volunteer.

Well that does it for now, special thanks to the mod who deleted my fat fingered first attempt at this post and Cedar who pointed out a basic mistake.

Hootie:
looks like the ball is rolling (Ep 1469)

Where should we post questions that we have?
Website
facebook
TSP blog
TSP Forum

personally I have questions of about equipment for "Anchoring"
-Some of this stuff I have for my own house preps.. (6ft table, gen, changing cords, chairs)
-What is the current list of items?

Smurf Hunter:
I recently completed a CERT course (apparently the quality various by municipality), and a lot of this subject matter is fresh in my head.  I also have a general class amatuer radio license.  My motivation for all of this is to be self-sufficient in an emergency where transportation and comms are limited.

I'd very much enjoy talking offline with someone about this.  I have too many questions, and don't want to distract from the recruitment effort.
Please PM me.

Jlpayne86:
I filled out the volunteer app. Meryl exciting and promising, this is a great tool.  How long after volunteer packet is filled out do you receive correspondence?  Also I probably really didn't put much info in the demographics part, guess I should have put more. I almost got the feeling it was more of a preliminary contact form.
Thx
Jason

SomeOlddMan:

--- Quote from: Jlpayne86 on November 23, 2014, 04:19:52 PM ---I filled out the volunteer app. Meryl exciting and promising, this is a great tool.  How long after volunteer packet is filled out do you receive correspondence?  Also I probably really didn't put much info in the demographics part, guess I should have put more. I almost got the feeling it was more of a preliminary contact form.
Thx
Jason

--- End quote ---

I filled out the application too.  I suspect that its going to take a little while for the regional coordinators to go through the mess of applications that they're going to get after Jack told us about it.  I don't know if those guys are going to have staff to help them, but if they get 100 apps each, I would expect it to take a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version