Archived Boards (Read-Only) > 13Skills.com

13 Skills -- Your CCW experience

<< < (6/6)

Big_Al:
I find it's hard to find a range that will let me practice pulling from a concealed holster.  They always say something like, "Insurance purposes."  The reality is I think they get freaked out when they see me pulling from an inside the pant holster, and putting lead down range at a target.  Does anybody else get this at the range?  I practice at home sometimes using an airsoft and the same holster in the basement to stay in practice.

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Big_Al on October 21, 2014, 12:05:03 PM ---I find it's hard to find a range that will let me practice pulling from a concealed holster.  They always say something like, "Insurance purposes."  The reality is I think they get freaked out when they see me pulling from an inside the pant holster, and putting lead down range at a target.  Does anybody else get this at the range?  I practice at home sometimes using an airsoft and the same holster in the basement to stay in practice.

--- End quote ---

Only rule my range has, it must remain holstered until you reach the firing line.  Otherwise you have to follow all other safety rules during a ceasefire, etc.

ResidentCelt:
The range I go to only says no cross-body draw, like a shoulder holster or something where the pistol would be pointed somewhere other than down or downrange.

Big_Al:
I think its sort of a waste of time if you can't pull from a holster or my fannypack.  Sure I get practice with the accuracy thing, but as far as defense situations target shooting is almost worthless.

In Michigan we call it CPL Concealed Pistol License, and its real basic, some class and range time.  The instructor is a firearms instructor, and ran us through some scenarious of self defense.  He also hit on the legal requirements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version