Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The HAM Radio Board

W00T! New HAM Added To The Ranks!

<< < (3/3)

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: ebonearth on April 10, 2009, 09:36:40 PM ---Congratulations to the wife DEV! I'm still finishing the class, although between my studying at home, the online resources, and the HAM Radio Podclass I feel like my time would be better spent elsewhere (it's a 2hr drive for a 3hr class) but I committed to it and there's only a couple more classes to go. I ordered the General book so I can sit for both exams back to back, provided I don't tank the exams of course. :)

--- End quote ---
Thanks!

You'll do great, I'm confident. 

Have you used the free online exams from QRZ?  They're Here.  I'm also listening to the General class podcast, or one of them anyway. 

The Wilderness:
Congratulations DEV and Mrs DEV! We have talked about doing this and it is on our list of things to do. The info you and others have posted has been the motivating factor for us.

Hamilton:
Hey, check this out. http://vacuumtubebrasil.profusehost.net/Ham%20Shack%20Intercom.pdf.

I just found this. On page 6 is an article about my grandfather. This even inspires me more while I study for the test. I talked to my grandfather just yesterday. He is 90 now and still strong. We are going to work on my sail boat soon and go out and have some fun.

The kid pictured in the middle of the first photo is my dad. He no longer looks like Wally Cleaver. That hair is long gone.

My grandfather is still active each day on the air. I have no idea what band/frequency...he is extra. If you call W6VFT in the early afternoon (pacific time) and happen to catch him, I'm sure he will have some interesting stories to share.

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: The Wilderness on April 10, 2009, 10:01:55 PM ---Congratulations DEV and Mrs DEV! We have talked about doing this and it is on our list of things to do. The info you and others have posted has been the motivating factor for us.

--- End quote ---
That's awesome, get 'er done.

--- Quote from: Hamilton on April 10, 2009, 10:35:37 PM ---Hey, check this out. http://vacuumtubebrasil.profusehost.net/Ham%20Shack%20Intercom.pdf.

I just found this. On page 6 is an article about my grandfather. This even inspires me more while I study for the test. I talked to my grandfather just yesterday. He is 90 now and still strong. We are going to work on my sail boat soon and go out and have some fun.

The kid pictured in the middle of the first photo is my dad. He no longer looks like Wally Cleaver. That hair is long gone.

My grandfather is still active each day on the air. I have no idea what band/frequency...he is extra. If you call W6VFT in the early afternoon (pacific time) and happen to catch him, I'm sure he will have some interesting stories to share.

--- End quote ---
That article is a cool memento of your Granddad's radio career. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version