Community & Regional Connections > Region Five

Anyone live in, or around Austin TX?

<< < (5/6) > >>

TexasGirl:

--- Quote from: OutWestTX on December 07, 2013, 06:33:49 AM ---I have no complaints with all the weird people congregating in Austin.  The problem is that people in Austin seem to think more government is the answer to everything.  The people in the rest of Texas think that government is the PROBLEM!

--- End quote ---

Yes, thanks for putting my thoughts into better words.  Between late night trips halfway across the state (people who have not experienced Texas may not appreciate the "halfway" expression) and a new Doberman puppy, short sleep has taken a mental sharpness toll.

I'm glad for the nasty weather, good excuse to catch up on sleep.

~TG

Beetlebum:

--- Quote from: OutWestTX on December 07, 2013, 06:33:49 AM --- The problem is that people in Austin seem to think more government is the answer to everything.

--- End quote ---
   ::) Got it. That's unfortunate. Despite that significant negative, I'm looking forward to the change of scenery. It looks like Austin and the surrounding area has a lot to offer.

--- Quote from: TexDaddy on December 06, 2013, 04:45:22 PM ---If you end up in Austin, be sure to check out the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum.

--- End quote ---

I'll definitely take a look at the museum. Texas certainly has it's fair share of history, good and bad.

--- Quote from: TexasGirl on December 06, 2013, 09:13:56 PM ---And our Bilderberger governor touts how many jobs he has stolen from California as a good thing. 

--- End quote ---

Isn't his time up soon? Who's expected to take his place?

Any info on Mayor Lee Leffingwell? Info on him seems to be scant.

OutWestTX:
Texas is a great place to be a prepper.  If you like the outdoors there is an almost endless variety of activities for you to do here.  Hunting and riding my horse are my two favorites.  There are plenty of neat places to explore.  Everyone who comes here must pay homage at the Alamo.  You need to go to Enchanted Rock at least once.  Of course, the Riverwalk...Big Bend....it is endless.

oktheniknow:
The area around Austin has the Highland Lakes that offers lots of fishing, kayaking, boating, etc. Lots of parks, great restaurants, etc.

TexasGirl:

--- Quote from: oktheniknow on December 07, 2013, 04:01:09 PM ---The area around Austin has the Highland Lakes that offers lots of fishing, kayaking, boating, etc. Lots of parks, great restaurants, etc.

--- End quote ---

Texas is unique in that it offers such varied landscape; sure there's the high plains and tumbleweeds people imagine, but also pine forests, rolling hills, mixed hardwoods, mountains and canyons.  Desert areas,  rich farmland, or lake after lake.  Corn and wheat fields as far as the eyes can see, or lakes invisible from the air because of huge cypress trees growing throughout.  And the people can be just as varied.

In Austin you virtually have to hassle with permission and permits to buy roofing shingles or pass gas.  Where I'm at they haven't even heard of building or septic permits.  Was taking with a neighbor about hunting bear and cougars for meat.  Yes, hunting them in our "neighborhood."  No licence required.

~TG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version