Community & Regional Connections > Region Two

New Jersey - am I the only one?

<< < (21/21)

outoforder2day:

--- Quote from: sharpdogs on June 26, 2015, 06:46:33 AM ---New to the forum, but not to NJ.  i have been here my whole life and stuck for another 10-15 years.  i live up in northern Hunterdon on the Warren county border.

--- End quote ---

Why stuck?
I'm also here (Hamilton) and will hopefully be putting an offer on a house in PA in a week or two.

sharpdogs:
My wife has a state job.  Governor Christie signed a law that prohibits NJ state employees from living out of state and working in NJ.  You had to be grandfathered in.  I have to wait until her 25 years are in or divorce her.  She won't divorce me because it will make me happy.

outoforder2day:

--- Quote from: sharpdogs on June 27, 2015, 03:55:58 PM ---My wife has a state job.  Governor Christie signed a law that prohibits NJ state employees from living out of state and working in NJ.  You had to be grandfathered in.  I have to wait until her 25 years are in or divorce her.  She won't divorce me because it will make me happy.

--- End quote ---

Well, you both could just leave and say eff the pension. That's a restriction you've put in place mentally, but there is such a thing as cutting your losses. Life's too short to be stuck in a place you hate for 25 years.
Also, moving in an of itself might not make the situation better, imho. Happiness is a mindset, not a location. Figure out what's making you miserable in the state and maybe you can find a way around it.
Good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version