Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

Help, can't understand my new oven!

<< < (4/7) > >>

Gamer:
Thanks, well it seems the safe bet is to never use the fan in case it burns the food. I mean, I don't want to find my food has been turned into an expensive shrivelled dry lump..

Carver:

--- Quote from: Gamer on February 25, 2020, 10:37:08 AM ---Thanks, well it seems the safe bet is to never use the fan in case it burns the food. I mean, I don't want to find my food has been turned into an expensive shriveled dry lump..

--- End quote ---

Convection setting is typically what I use for reheating like a bratwurst as I don't like what a microwave does. at 300f for 10-15 minutes it heats up thoroughly and stays juicy. Pancakes are good that way also. The dehydrator mode is actually convection at high speed at 165f for 12 hours. French fries are done at super convection for 20 minutes at 400f, no oil is used.

Greekman:

--- Quote from: Gamer on February 25, 2020, 10:37:08 AM ---Thanks, well it seems the safe bet is to never use the fan in case it burns the food. I mean, I don't want to find my food has been turned into an expensive shrivelled dry lump..

--- End quote ---

well after an almost costly mistake i found out that air baking -towards the end of cooking- makes a nice crust on meatloafs etc

Gamer:
Thanks everybody, this cooking lark is far more complicated than I thought; I should have got married years ago so she could have the kitchen as her little kingdom.. ::)

Redman:

--- Quote from: Gamer on February 26, 2020, 03:12:47 AM ---Thanks everybody, this cooking lark is far more complicated than I thought; I should have got married years ago so she could have the kitchen as her little kingdom.. ::)

--- End quote ---

:rofl: :rofl:

Just following the thread here. I know nothing about convection cooking but am I think a better cook than my wife. She thinks so too, sometimes.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version