Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage

Ramen for LT

(1/10) > >>

Stwood:
So I checked out the Ramen assortment at Walmart the other day. Prices look ok.
Then picked up a small beef flavored package next door at Dollar Tree while we were there.
Got it fixed up and the taste was actually fairly good.
So I'm thinking it should be a good LT item to have.

Do any of you keep it in your supply?

I'm thinking a plastic tub with all of the flavors would be another cheap food item to have.
There are 4 basic flavors from what I've seen.
Beef, pork, chicken, and shrimp.

Morning Sunshine:
we discussed this once.  and there was some variety of storage.  let me see if I can find....

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0  this is not the one I remember.  I will continue my search

ack.  I cannot find it.

I know that I bought a lot for real cheap one time, and the noodles went rancid after about 6 months.  I stored it with all my other food and have no problems with things going bad.

Redman:
The longest I've ever kept any was about 4 years. I kept them on a shelf with no special preservation just as packaged. No problem with bugs in them either. Hadn't intended to keep them that long but I just stopped eating them then started again.

Redman:
Checking my supply of noodles this morning. 47 containers Cup Noodles best by 5/18 stored in an end table in the original packaging. Wife ate one cup a couple weeks ago. No complaints. 70+ packages Ramen noodles stored on various shelves inside the house and in the original packaging. All have best by dates in 2019. Here is a thread I started a year ago sort of commenting on shelf life.

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=61738.0

I'm thinking ramen noodles are much like pasta and lasts virtually forever.

Cups Noodles are single serving. The noodle blocks are enough for 2 servings. Mix with whatever meat and veggies you have.

Stwood:
MS and Red thanks for searching those present links. I'll look em over.
The ones we bought as samples are the square pack.
MS I wonder if you got a bad batch of packaging that wasn't sealed good.
Was it the cups or squares?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version