Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage

Jarden (Ball and Kerr) Quality Contol

<< < (2/2)

Stwood:
Yea. I'm curious how the bands get dinged hard enough to dent them. Sitting another case of jars on top should not do that, due to the cardboard.  :popcorn:

I've heard lids pinging in our storeroom quite often. Yea I'm thinking I've lost another jar.....nope, can't find any loose lids. Shrug?  :-\

Must be the new jars on the shelf above.

Redman:
Best I can figure is the box got dropped a short ways, enough to dent the bands and the lids but not enough to break the glass. I've gotten a several boxes with band damage all on one side but not evenly, heavy on one end barely noticeable on the other. Dips***t warehousemen, glass didn't break so it's OK, ship it. I did inspection in a warehouse for several years, stuff like that wouldn't have happened, the guys had too much pride and also knew if I could it their boss would find out and they absolutely didn't want that.

LvsChant:

--- Quote from: Stwood on May 03, 2018, 03:39:44 PM ---Yea hahaha!! Tell him 30 ain't nuttin when times go south and yer over at the neighbors at midnight snitching tomatoes to can.  :rofl:

--- End quote ---

Exactly!

Stwood:

--- Quote from: Redman on May 03, 2018, 04:36:33 PM ---Best I can figure is the box got dropped a short ways, enough to dent the bands and the lids but not enough to break the glass. I've gotten a several boxes with band damage all on one side but not evenly, heavy on one end barely noticeable on the other. Dips***t warehousemen

--- End quote ---

Yer probably right on with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version