Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage

Augason Farms Dehydrated Diced Red and Green Bell Peppers

<< < (2/4) > >>

Morning Sunshine:
I bought a can of these dehydrated peppers as well, and compared to my home dried peppers, no smell no flavor.  You open a container of my home dried peppers, and the smell overwhelms you.  the dried from the can, nothing.

also, I dry everything around 120-125.  it takes longer, but that is where I do it.

Redman:

--- Quote from: mountainmoma on April 14, 2018, 10:13:20 AM ---keep your eyes open for a better unit,

--- End quote ---

Yeah I realized after I got it that I should have spent a little more money on one. For another $10 I could have gotten one with a temp control. Should have spent more time looking at them. Gotta learn some way.

LvsChant:
I have an excalibur and tend to do all my dehydrating at much lower temps (about 115 or so). I'm guessing if you keep your eyes peeled, you may find another one for sale either ebay or craigslist, etc.  A lot of people buy things and never use them and turn around and get rid of them a few years later.

Redman:
Ahh your probably right. Someday I'll learn ebay and craigslist, even paypal. I haven't done any of them.

Stwood:
We've dried and smoked our own peppers, so haven't bought any commercial prepared stuff yet.
Two years ago we dried and stored bookoo peppers and as hot as some of them are, we probably have 50 years worth.  :rofl:
A little dab 'el do ya.... :o

Thanks for the review Red.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version