Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage

WOW,No more bland survival food ...Augason Farms Blueberry Pancake Mix

<< < (2/7) > >>

Redman:
I bought a can a couple months ago. Made waffles according to the directions on the can. I wasn't happy with them, too runny. I'll try again using much more fat (lard) rather than the oil called for and a different liquid. Maybe condensed milk. I got very little blueberry taste also. Doubt I'll buy again.

Carl:

--- Quote from: Redman on April 11, 2018, 11:30:24 AM ---I bought a can a couple months ago. Made waffles according to the directions on the can. I wasn't happy with them, too runny. I'll try again using much more fat (lard) rather than the oil called for and a different liquid. Maybe condensed milk. I got very little blueberry taste also. Doubt I'll buy again.

--- End quote ---

I have not done waffles yet and I use coconut oil (rich and slightly sweet)  I may go at waffles too,though I use real butter and less water for waffles when I take time to 'do' them...my flat grill surface just begs for poured on cooking...I do have a metal waffle maker that heats on top of the grill surface ...maybe I liked the mix as I have been mostly on a bland/canned diet for some time.

Smurf Hunter:
Keep in mind, in the context of survival food, calorie dense, high carbohydrates are useful and appropriate.
Though as a daily staple, few of us should be eating stuff like waffles. 

If you have fresh produce available, get your carbohydrates that way whenever possible.

Carl:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on April 11, 2018, 12:03:40 PM ---Keep in mind, in the context of survival food, calorie dense, high carbohydrates are useful and appropriate.
Though as a daily staple, few of us should be eating stuff like waffles. 

If you have fresh produce available, get your carbohydrates that way whenever possible.

--- End quote ---

So...the brownie mix is out of the question?  What does not kill me ,makes me stronger.

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Carl on April 11, 2018, 12:07:47 PM ---So...the brownie mix is out of the question?  What does not kill me ,makes me stronger.

--- End quote ---

I'm a parent of a diabetic child.  A1C levels are as important as good grades or completed household chores. :D

Which reminds me, we need to talk about your last report card...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version