Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage

WOW,No more bland survival food ...Augason Farms Blueberry Pancake Mix

(1/7) > >>

Carl:
Augason Farms Blueberry Pancake Mix  I found some of this on a forgotten pallet at the BOL.nearly 8 years old and past time to rotate it out...owner family said "re-order...dispose of outdated"  and so I thought it a good time for a test. I don't normally stand long enough to actually 'cook' for myself and dog...but I turned on the industrial cook top (flat stainless grill plate) and used a bit of coconut oil to the hot surface ...poured some of the mix on the griddle ...made a 30 inch pancake within a minute or two and already had the Honey/syrup already mixed and ready...wow this stuff cooks fast! I poured the last of the mix and more coconut oil on the grill-plate after cutting and stacking the cooked batch on a good tray.  The BLUEBERRY really comes out well and this was a real treat for both myself and dog.

At $8 for 5500 calories / PLUS syrup calories...this is a sweet treat that will cheer you up and fill you up! Prep time/cook time was only minutes and you can make a cup muffin too,not just pancakes.

https://www.amazon.com/Augason-Farms-Blueberry-Pancake-Mix/dp/B00FTETGAW/ref=sr_1_62?ie=UTF8&qid=1523455472&sr=8-62&keywords=10+cans+emergency+food

Billie D:
I'm so happy to see this today! I've had it in my Amazon cart for about a week and was still trying to decide. 
I added in the black bean burger and was about to buy both this morning.  I guess I'll keep it in there!
How is it stored in the can? Is it just loose powder? Or, a couple of packs like some of the others?

Carl:
Fair warning,my next tasty treat is yummy:

https://www.amazon.com/Augason-Farms-Classic-Chocolate-Brownie/dp/B00FTEU5P2/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1523455395&sr=8-43&keywords=10+cans+emergency+food

Carl:

--- Quote from: Billie D on April 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM ---I'm so happy to see this today! I've had it in my Amazon cart for about a week and was still trying to decide. 
I added in the black bean burger and was about to buy both this morning.  I guess I'll keep it in there!
How is it stored in the can? Is it just loose powder? Or, a couple of packs like some of the others?

--- End quote ---

It has up to 10 year storage ,my test sample was over 8 years old,and will last 6 months to a year once the can is opened. The ,just add water,product is not separately packaged,though a super-can may be available with Mylar pouches. I don't see any problem with using this within a short time,let alone 6 months as dog and I made pigs of ourselves with it this morning...she had it with extra butter and I had with the Honey powder/syrup blend that Augason also makes...I also see the Peanut Butter powder on sale and need to test some of that soon also as it is good for my morale to get calories that taste soooo good.

ONE measure of product to 3/4 measure of water is about right , and even 1 to 1 is OK if you have a pan to contain the product from running ,put some in a pre lubed can to make a cake with a bit of cook time .

Billie D:
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version