Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage Resources

New canning flats deals/buys?

<< < (3/34) > >>

Stwood:
Copy the shipping costs.

Applejack:
Has anyone tried the tattler lids? First time I bought them was from Leman's. They are a bit costly but will save dollars in the long run. I still use the metal ones but I love the tattler lids for SHTF reasons. You will never have to worry about trying to barter for any when things go south. I am looking to find somewhere cheaper to get them. They really work great and can be used over and over again. The rubber gasket you just use till it gets brittle before having to get a new one. Those are cheap. So if you decide to go that route, best to buy some extra gaskets. They working just like the medal ones and you still need to use the rings. Trick is to tighten the rings tighter than you would with the medal rings.

mountainmoma:

--- Quote from: Applejack on January 18, 2018, 05:07:34 PM ---Has anyone tried the tattler lids? First time I bought them was from Leman's. They are a bit costly but will save dollars in the long run. I still use the metal ones but I love the tattler lids for SHTF reasons. You will never have to worry about trying to barter for any when things go south. I am looking to find somewhere cheaper to get them. They really work great and can be used over and over again. The rubber gasket you just use till it gets brittle before having to get a new one. Those are cheap. So if you decide to go that route, best to buy some extra gaskets. They working just like the medal ones and you still need to use the rings. Trick is to tighten the rings tighter than you would with the medal rings.

--- End quote ---

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=47204.msg731950#msg731950

thread on tattler lids

Stwood:

--- Quote from: Applejack on January 18, 2018, 05:07:34 PM ---Has anyone tried the tattler lids? First time I bought them was from Leman's. They are a bit costly but will save dollars in the long run. I still use the metal ones but I love the tattler lids for SHTF reasons. You will never have to worry about trying to barter for any when things go south. I am looking to find somewhere cheaper to get them. They really work great and can be used over and over again. The rubber gasket you just use till it gets brittle before having to get a new one. Those are cheap. So if you decide to go that route, best to buy some extra gaskets. They working just like the medal ones and you still need to use the rings. Trick is to tighten the rings tighter than you would with the medal rings.

--- End quote ---

We've considered them, but at 4 times? the cost.......

LvsChant:
I found an amazing deal on a closeout on jars and lids about 5 years ago... so I have more jars than I have ever actually filled and probably a good 10 years' supply on lids (assuming they don't fail over time). That has kept me from taking the plunge and buying the tattler lids.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version