Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage

Ramen Noodles

(1/2) > >>

Redman:
I bought a case of ramen in 2014. I used to take them to work with me but a lay off happened and I fully retired. Anyway I still have them, looked at them the other day and saw the best by date. 2018 hmm, pretty good shelf life. If you have Kimchi or vegetables to add they are great. I'm having a bowl for breakfast now. Noodles, whatever flavor you like or leave the flavor packet out, kimchi, soy sauce and sesame oil. Take you time and eat it with chopsticks.

Carl:
  I use a good number of those also,even though they don't come in possum,squirrel,of alligator flavors. I will often soften them and add some cheese or after softened I may brown them a bit (the first time was an accident) and had a kind of hash brown thing...My dog gets to eat some too.

David in MN:
I have friends who break up a pack of raw ramen and use it in salads.

I can't stomach the stuff. I dated a Japanese major in college and we hit every Asian restaurant in town. There's a place near the U of MN campus called Hong Kong Noodle that will make cheap noodles a thing of the past.

Redman:

--- Quote from: Carl on December 10, 2017, 05:24:07 AM ---  I use a good number of those also,even though they don't come in possum,squirrel,of alligator flavors. I will often soften them and add some cheese or after softened I may brown them a bit (the first time was an accident) and had a kind of hash brown thing...My dog gets to eat some too.

--- End quote ---

I worked with a bunch of Koreans and learned to eat almost anything with noodles and kimchi.

--- Quote from: David in MN on December 10, 2017, 06:38:16 AM ---I have friends who break up a pack of raw ramen and use it in salads.

I've tried that. Meh  :-\

I can't stomach the stuff. I dated a Japanese major in college and we hit every Asian restaurant in town. There's a place near the U of MN campus called Hong Kong Noodle that will make cheap noodles a thing of the past.

--- End quote ---

Stwood:
We've never bought it that I can remember.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version