Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Processing Food For Storage

fermented foods - what have you pickled?

<< < (2/13) > >>

David in MN:
Pickles, kraut, kimchi, yogurt (in industry), but my favorite is fermented hot peppers and garlic for homemade hot sauce.

When I have the time to make real Polish sausage and cook it in homemade kraut it brings me back to my grandma's kitchen in Chicago. She's serve it with rye bread and plenty of butter and a healthy scoop of horseradish. Man do I miss it.

Chemsoldier:
Cucumber pickles, green beans, kraut.  We have not made any for a while.  Need to get back at it. 

Big_Al:
I did some asparagus and beets.  4 quart jars total mild and hot.  They were delicious.

xxdabroxx:

--- Quote from: Big_Al on October 30, 2015, 03:14:23 PM ---I did some asparagus and beets.  4 quart jars total mild and hot.  They were delicious.

--- End quote ---

How did you go about doing the asparagus?  Sounds like it would be great in a bloody mary. 

LvsChant:
I've only done sauerkraut (in fact, it is time for another batch). It has turned out really well each time, though... I have used a simple empty plastic gallon ice cream container for small batches (has the advantage of being easy to monitor) and also used a big crock with the fancy air lock lid...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version