Author Topic: Fall Workshop in Central Ohio  (Read 449 times)

Offline homesteadlife

• Prepper
  • Studying Permaculture for 3 years
Fall Workshop in Central Ohio
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:19:51 AM »
Hey folks,
J&S Poly Farms and Woods Edge Farm are collaborating to bring you a high quality, Fun weekend workshop in Delaware, Ohio.

The dates for the workshop are Oct. 16,17, and 18.

We have several guys from within the TSP community coming to present topics such as

Small Scale Livestock by Brad Davies
Plant Talk with Rob Kaiser
Transitioning to Farm Life by Greg Burns
Soils with Mike Vertrees

We will also be having a few other local folks talking about bees/honey, chickens and ducks, and do it yourself greenhouses.

This will be a TSP style workshop
Everyone will be fed well
We will have evening entertainment and a barter blanket
The Farm is 50 acres so we do have room for campers and RV's

If you couldn't make it to Jack's October workshop come out to Ohio and soak up some high quality information and good food at our Fall Farming Workshop. We are giving MSB members a $25 discount on tuition. Visit www.jspolyfarms.com/workshop.html for more info and to sign up.

Offline AcesHigh

• Prepper
  • By your deeds you will be known.
Re: Fall Workshop in Central Ohio
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 06:13:03 AM »
I'm trying to get my ducks in a row as far as someone to deal with my animals that weekend, but i plan to attend.  Thank you for setting it up.

Offline homesteadlife

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:38:53 PM »
No problem, I'm having fun organizing this workshop and look forward to the end result. I've been to others and enjoy the experience. Thanks for considering our workshop.

Offline AcesHigh

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
I've registered.  I will try to spread the word as well.

Offline homesteadlife

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »
Awesome, Thanks! We still have some seats left, see you there.

Offline homesteadlife

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 06:30:58 PM »
Seats are starting to fill up quick! Anyone who wants to gain some knowledge and create some fantastic friendships, come sign up at www.jspolyfarms.com/workshop.html

Offline homesteadlife

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 04:46:36 PM »
We have 10 seats left! If you haven't signed up hop on over to www.jspolyfarms.com/workshop.html[url]]www.jspolyfarms.com/workshop.htmlhttp:// and get your seat reserved.

We will be making honey glazed grilled peaches on Saturday evening, made with honey from Michael Jordan and A Bee Friendly Company!

We also have some special surprise gifts for those who attend our workshop, but you have to come to find out what those are.

Come join us! It is going to be a fantastic time of learning and making friends.

Offline spud

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 03:46:14 PM »
Great workshop,

Thanks to Steve and Mic for putting on a great workshop. These events are so important in helping build community in our local regions. There is nothing more beneficial than making like minded friends to keep us moving toward more liberty and self reliance.  What a great group of guys and gals that are making a difference.  Can't wait to hear from all the people that I met and looking forward to their friendship and camaraderie in the future.

There needs to be a dozen of these across the country next year.  For those wanting to put one on, don't worry if it doesn't goes perfectly.  Everyone that shows up there will be so energized by the event that no one will care if something is overlooked.  Permies and preppers need these events to help those get their ideas and plans going forward. 

Jeff nw ohio

Offline BUCKEYE MICK

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 07:10:48 PM »
Well said Jeff, Steve and I threw that workshop together in about 45 days. We knew it wouldn't be perfect but, we both desperately wanted to get the ball rolling in our area. And your right, the presenters and attendees were so positive and enthusiastic that, it didn't matter that the hosts were amateurs. Thanks so much for coming and can't wait to do another one.

Offline AcesHigh

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 11:04:20 PM »
I'd like to second what Jeff said.  Thanks to Steve, Mick, and everyone else that made the workshop possible.  Jack has said before that the best sign that you have hosted a good event, is that people cannot wait to get home to put what they have learned into practice.  By that measure, this was a very good event indeed.

I look forward to the next one.

Ryan from NW Ohio