Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Homesteading and Self Reliant Living

Bacteria in my well

<< < (3/4) > >>

IKN:
It's a hard choice. I know since I had the same dilemma when I put my new well in.
It was probably already mentioned, but you should ask local neighbors with deep wells what their water quality is id possible. The closer to you the better.
Deep well water can have its own problems with things like high iron content, sulfur, and other noxious and/or odorous minerals that would require buying treatment systems to handle.

ga-qhd:
I'm going to drill a well--as expected, the 6" downpour stirred up the water again and I have a lot of sediment.  Then another 3" fell yesterday. The cloudy water clogged up the Berkey pretty quickly, too. This does not happen often, but when it does, it lasts about a week.  Given the two heavy rainfalls, it might be the middle of next week before things clear up.  :(

Stwood:
You say this is a 2' (foot) diameter well?

ga-qhd:

--- Quote from: Stwood on February 13, 2020, 06:24:20 PM ---You say this is a 2' (foot) diameter well?

--- End quote ---

Yes, 2' diameter concrete casing, tongue-in-groove segments.  It took almost 2 weeks for the water to clear up after the heavy rainfall.

Stwood:
Thats a big casing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version