Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Homesteading and Self Reliant Living

Modern Survivalist Focus

<< < (13/14) > >>

Chemsoldier:
+1 CH, great post.  I need to take it to heart myself.

Zip:

--- Quote ---Doctrine does not matter, affiliation does not matter, race does not matter, preference does not matter. We are modern survivalists and we help each other grow.
--- End quote ---

Excellent post CH.  I have learned so much from the members of this forum and the podcasts.  One of the more eyeopening aspects of prepping that I have learned is summarized in the quote above.  Before I found this forum and the podcasts I was like many of the ignorant non-preppers and assumed that all survivalists were preparing for that day that they would sequester themselves in some remote part of the nation away from everyone else and become a lone wolf.  I now understand the true value of being prepared and how much we as a community can do together.

Thanks again

Big_Al:
This is singularly the best post ever! 

Ron Hayes:
Thank you for this,

This is spot on!

4bull:
Focus, some times things and skills pile up fast, but then the  kids are growing up on me faster and that changes everything all at once, some times every day . But in the last year I have had close friends sicken and die , Big time preppers , you know eat right work hard ).  I was ask to find and report his death, he took his own life (that put me in one hell of a place) . He just couldn't take it any more and I understood . So I look like I have the 1000 yard stare but damn I'm watching ever thing all at once all the time. Wondering what's going to brake , fall apart or Die . I still scan for snipers and IED's while driving , and I am thankful for every hot shower I get and still I wonder if it could be my last, ever time I take one , daily. I teach my family to Use things up and wear them out ,then find a new use for them. So think about the end of life too, yours , family and friends.
  The word Focus , seams so funny to me , unless I am shooting , I don't think I have been able to  focus in 30 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version