Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Home And Business Security

Door locks that don't need keys

<< < (2/3) > >>

Smurf Hunter:
When I go on a walk or otherwise don't want to grab keys, I enter/exit through my garage and use one of these. 

Since I park a vehicle on the driveway, I don't leave a garage opener inside, and this is how I enter the garage.

David in MN:
Some models allow multiple codes that can be turned on and off. That means giving the handyman or babysitter access to your house for a selected amount of time. The fob models let me in without fussing with keys while holding a baby or groceries. I'm seeing a lot of benefit to this idea.

Not super worried about electricity. Most models have a keyed backup and electricity has in general been proven to mostly work. For a convenience like this it might just be worth it.

Carl:
But ,aren't electronic locks disabled by EMP??? :sarcasm: :spit:

Seriously...they make NON-ELECTRONIC Combination locks these days and are up to securing a door as you want.

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Carl on September 01, 2016, 04:32:26 PM ---But ,aren't electronic locks disabled by EMP??? :sarcasm: :spit:

Seriously...they make NON-ELECTRONIC Combination locks these days and are up to securing a door as you want.

--- End quote ---

If the contents of the fridge are spoiled, the A/C is not running and nothing on TV - why would anyone want to return home?

Carl:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on September 01, 2016, 04:35:35 PM ---If the contents of the fridge are spoiled, the A/C is not running and nothing on TV - why would anyone want to return home?

--- End quote ---

Maybe your doctor after the guns you told him you owned... :sarcasm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version