Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Fishing

Kyak Fishing

(1/8) > >>

Ebbtide:
No gas, no insurance bill, no maintenance, it's healthy to do and they cost just a fraction of what a boat would cost. Yes I do call this a survival tool. I catch a heck of alot of fish out of it without all the costs that come along with boat ownership! Best of all I get a good workout on top of it! Just food for thought to add to your list of things you may want to consider. Mike

Dirt Rider 3006:
Mike,

That is the way to go. I have a 13ft sport canoe and I love going out spending the day on it with my 7 year old son. Next year I'll have to drop a line or two while we paddle along. Low cost for sure, don't need a trailer or a boat ramp to launch it.

What part of the country are you from? RI here & I paddle some rivers, but mostly paddle salt water inlets or rivers that feed into the bay/ocean.

Here's a favorite spot of mine http://www.narrowriver.org/templates/System/default.asp?id=40529. It's a 6 mile paddle from where we put in to the ocean. We usually take long a body board or two  and wetsuits and hit the waves when we reach the beach. The surfboards are a bit cumbersome to transport on the canoe.

Tim

Ebbtide:
I'm in North Florida. I usually fish the Gulf for reds and trout.

archer:
What type of fish is that? You really have that kayak outfitted. Good job!

DeltaEchoVictor:
Man, that looks like a lot of fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version