Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Hunting

2014-15 Deer Season Thread

<< < (4/9) > >>

Ranger Dave:
Four days into muzzleloader season my uncle has two does and I have one, missed my second doe this morning. We can get two does and buck apiece.  Five days left in season.

riverbend_rich:

--- Quote from: Ranger Dave on October 28, 2014, 08:57:07 PM ---Four days into muzzleloader season my uncle has two does and I have one, missed my second doe this morning. We can get two does and buck apiece.  Five days left in season.

--- End quote ---
Good luck! What area of the world are ya'll in?

I'm hoping to finally get out Saturday, it's muzzle loader season here in OK too , but I'll just take my crossbow

Ranger Dave:
RiverBend I am west of Bartlesville. We are hoping the cooler weather will start the deer moving.

DDJ:
Here in Ohio our bow season started on Sept 27.  Opening morning I got busted on my way into the woods by 4 does and fawns.  2 Weeks later I had a great large Doe materialize at 50 yards, surprise.  Last Saturday I have 7 does and fawns in the field above me.  One small doe got as close as 44 Yards.  The Big Doe stayed out at 60Yards or so.  She left the group and moved around me so she could wind me, but that was more than 30 minutes after sunset (our end of day).

Good luck to all.  Keep sharing especially the frustrations, so we can all know that we are not alone.

I am looking forward to Gun season (first week of December) the ODNR has decided to allow straight walled cartridge rifles, in select calibers.  I will be trying a 45ACP carbine.  Any ammunition recommendations?  I am thinking Remington HTS at 1000FPS and 185Grain or the +P versions at 230GR but only 850 FPS.

Ranger Dave:
Shot a 5 point buck this evening. Got it skinned and quartered sitting in the cooler waiting to be finished tomorrow. Uncle & I can still get a doe apiece tomorrow.

RD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version