Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear

Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear

<< < (3/11) > >>

jeremya:
Sweet knife! Speaking of knives I asked for the Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Knife for Christmas. If I don't get it as a gift I will be picking one up after the holiday. I really like that knife.  ;D

-- Jeremy

Pokethis:
Okay guys!  I recently posted about what I could do if I was in a restaurant, no gun (not concealed ready) in a skirt, blouse situation.  U guys think that bag is going to be un-noteworthy in a normal situation?  Every day carry bag..................................... extra periods for effect.  Now Come ON!!  Get practical!!!

Zen question.

Pokethis:
Uh oh  :(

jeremya:

--- Quote from: Pokethis on December 03, 2008, 11:53:27 PM ---Okay guys!  I recently posted about what I could do if I was in a restaurant, no gun (not concealed ready) in a skirt, blouse situation.  U guys think that bag is going to be un-noteworthy in a normal situation?  Every day carry bag..................................... extra periods for effect.  Now Come ON!!  Get practical!!!

Zen question.

--- End quote ---

The bag John posted? I think you'd probably stick out like a sore thumb, but my EDC bag is a laptop messenger bag since I have to lug my work laptop home very night. Your EDC bag could be your purse. It's all about your needs and what works for you.

My weekend needs are different than my weekday needs. Also on the weekends I generally don't need to lug my laptop around so no need for the huge messenger bag, but it's still nice to have things like a small first aid kit, a multi-tool, energy bars, etc with me and frankly I don't have that many pockets. So I ordered a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipak which is a bit tactical looking but not so much that I would stick out in casual weekend situations IMO.

Some guys won't leave the house with out a huge backpack full of stuff... my wife won't leave the house with out her Swiss Army Knife on her key chain. Same concept... different perceived needs and executions.

BTW I looked for your post, but couldn't find it. Never mind... found it.  ;)

-- Jeremy

jeremya:
Maxpedition Fatboy arrived today look for pictures and my initial impression soon.

-- Jeremy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version