News > Current Severe Emergency Situations

ALERT: Civil disturbance emergencies

<< < (8/9) > >>

Chemsoldier:
Considering both sides at most of these events are convinced that the police were favoring theit opponents and the frequently limited view I have that is shaken days or weeks later when additional video is released, I am reluctant to characterize the security response to much of it. I know damn well there are some portion of scum bags on both sides of the actual riots.

Alan Georges:
What is interesting is that the heavy hitter mainstream media has turned hard against antifa.  Mr. Bill posted that article from the Chicago Trib yesterday, and now this morning there's this from the Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/28/black-clad-antifa-attack-right-wing-demonstrators-in-berkeley/?utm_term=.f573d1e39e3d

It feels as if something behind the scenes has changed, when the reliably friendly-to-the-left MSM has quit pushing propaganda for a nominally leftist group.  Has the repeated violence woken up the MSM and now they're doing straight-up reporting?  I am skeptical that that's happened, but am at a loss to come up with any more plausible explanation. 

Mr. Bill:
What I'd like to believe is that the media are starting to distinguish violent protestors from non-violent, on both sides.

If you're more cynical, you could say that the leftist press is throwing the violent antifas under the bus so that they won't make the mainstream left look bad.

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: Mr. Bill on August 28, 2017, 10:34:40 AM ---What I'd like to believe is that the media are starting to distinguish violent protestors from non-violent, on both sides.

If you're more cynical, you could say that the leftist press is throwing the violent antifas under the bus so that they won't make the mainstream left look bad.

--- End quote ---
Just like the conservatives are throwing the Alt-Right under the bus for political expediency?  ;)

Some people belong under the bus. 

I may never agree with the left on about 95% of their ideas, but I would be perfectly happy to add "condemning the violent left" to "Nazis 'r bad m'kay?" categorized under that 5% we can agree on.

Alan Georges:

--- Quote from: Mr. Bill on August 28, 2017, 10:34:40 AM ---If you're more cynical, you could say that the leftist press is throwing the violent antifas under the bus so that they won't make the mainstream left look bad.

--- End quote ---
I'll go with this one, Mr. Bill.  It's waaay more plausible than objective reporting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version