Farm, Garden and The Land > Permaculture, Land Management and Foraging

Costco tree score

(1/2) > >>

Stein:
I went to Costco for tortillas and tortilla chips and ended up loading trees into my car.  They had a huge selection of bare-root fruit trees for $10.79 each, great bargain in my book.  The trees are about 5-6' tall and come in with roots loosely bagged with a bit of soil.  They are all grafted onto semi-dwarf and seem well suited for my region.  I ended up with a pear and cherry tree, too bad they didn't have the apples I wanted.

They also have the combination trees with 3-4 different pears or apples if that is what you were looking for.  I ended up selecting species that work well in my area and are self-fertile.

One thing about Costco, if they have what you want buy it as it will likely be gone next trip.

Claymore:
Score!  I'll have to check them out this weekend!

JLMissouri:
 Sounds like a deal to me. I bought several miniature peach trees from Walmart several years back, and they are very productive. They have already paid back the intiial investment.   

STLAR:
Check to see if they need any other trees to polinate each other.  It would be a shame to get those two trees in and not get any fruit because they werent self polinizing.

SouthernLiving:
Check around at local flea markets too.  Occasionally you can find unbelievable deals there. 

Good find Stein.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version