Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Martial Arts, Unarmed Self Defense, Hand To Hand Combat, and Physical Fitness

Tai chi options

<< < (2/2)

iam4liberty:
I never knew other preppers were Tai Chi players.

There is value in doing standing Tai Chi Ch'i Kung (Qigong) especially when injuries prevent Tai Chi Chuan.  I practice the method of Master TT Liang. 

You can also try a shortened 4-form repeated multiple times. This is great for tight spaces like hotel rooms. It avoids all the postures which could stress knees (e.g snake creeps down, heel kick, needle at bottom of ocean).

Papijoe:

--- Quote from: iam4liberty on October 31, 2017, 02:55:45 PM ---I never knew other preppers were Tai Chi players.

There is value in doing standing Tai Chi Ch'i Kung (Qigong) especially when injuries prevent Tai Chi Chuan.  I practice the method of Master TT Liang. 

You can also try a shortened 4-form repeated multiple times. This is great for tight spaces like hotel rooms. It avoids all the postures which could stress knees (e.g snake creeps down, heel kick, needle at bottom of ocean).

--- End quote ---

I check out some of Master Liang' s videos - pretty impressive, even in his 90's! That gives me hope now that I'm on the downhill side of 50...

surfivor:

I do a posture like this sometimes that I learned from a chi kung guy at a class. I hold like this for several minutes, when you put your hand down you can feel the blood flow

I guess it is called embracing the tree, I did not realized the name even before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjP76JuTvwQ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version